Fascinating. They did they need to cap the cellars? Where they disused?I recall we had a 20ft hole appear in PF9 at Euston one afternoon when I was "in charge" - the up DC 313 stopped short thanks to alert driver....no great harm done.....and the platform could be used for a 3 car at the country end. Under caution of course.
Turned out to be part of the 1837 Euston station cellars - which had not been been capped properly in 1965 /66 - about 40 tons of ballast shovelled in overnight did the trick ...
Line is now re-open.
I've just passed through on the fast line towards London Bridge. We slowed down whilst passing Forest Hill. Is there a temporary speed restriction in place?
A four word post - re-opened! How difficult is it, really? Sorry, not aimed at you alone, but the forum seems to be descending into text-speak chaos! It's a text-based discussion area, can we not even bother to get the words right?!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Did feel like one, was on a service on the fast line to East Croydon. A lot of NR presence around the affected the area as well.Currently 20mph TSR over the affected area.
Will there be a TSR there until the track has settled down there?
Currently 20mph TSR over the affected area.
A 20mph ESR was imposed on the Up Fast for a distance of just a couple of chains over the site of the sinkhole and became a TSR pretty much in time for most crew booking on for the late shift yesterday.
Of note, some ESRs do end up in Notice Cases.
What do they use to warn drivers?It will be an ESR (emergency speed restriction) not a TSR as it would not of been published in the notices.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
As I said it is an ESR not TSR.
Drivers via their route knowledge will know all there permanent speed restriction.
All TSRs are published in advance and drivers will be aware of them via their notices.
ESRs via there very nature are imposed without notice and have extra trackside warnings to alert the drivers of there approach.
A four word post - re-opened! How difficult is it, really? Sorry, not aimed at you alone, but the forum seems to be descending into text-speak chaos! It's a text-based discussion area, can we not even bother to get the words right?
Please leave matters of this nature to forum staff. We do have standards of legibility and readability and we try to enforce these. We have to be mindful, however, that typo's are a fact of life, as are certain conditions, which can make it a difficult balance to get right.
What do they use to warn drivers?
Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
Thanks for that. I once saw some flashing white lights before the tunnel after leaving Guildford station. I guess that was similar.emergency speed indicators with flashing white lights in advance of the speed restriction
Thanks for that. I once saw some flashing white lights before the tunnel after leaving Guildford station. I guess that was similar.
Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
Thanks for that. I once saw some flashing white lights before the tunnel after leaving Guildford station. I guess that was similar.
Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
Lol. Thinking about it, it was probably a UFO! Unidentified Foreign Object.Or perhaps you stood up too suddenly?
I'm a bit confused as to why the ESR is longer for the Up Sussex Slow than the Up Sussex Fast, when pictures over the last few days have shown the hole was under the Up Fast?
Yes they both have a 20mph ESR, however the Up Slow is twice as long as the Up Fast, both terminating at the same point.