I’m travelling on the 09:56 GTR service from Welwyn Garden City to Stevenage. Purchased a ticket a few minutes prior to departure at WGC ticket office.
The staff in the ticket office (both of them) were insistent that Gold Card discounted tickets are not valid for travel before 10:00, and showed me an internal brief they had been given.
Clearly this in incorrect as Gold Card discounted tickets are available from 09:30. I persisted and was eventually sold a discounted ticket ‘at my own risk’.
I will complain to GTR but there is probably more chance of somebody correcting this internal briefing as a result of seeing this thread.
The staff in the ticket office (both of them) were insistent that Gold Card discounted tickets are not valid for travel before 10:00, and showed me an internal brief they had been given.
Clearly this in incorrect as Gold Card discounted tickets are available from 09:30. I persisted and was eventually sold a discounted ticket ‘at my own risk’.
I will complain to GTR but there is probably more chance of somebody correcting this internal briefing as a result of seeing this thread.