• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Green disc art mounted at Leyton Midland Road

Status
Not open for further replies.

Basil Jet

On Moderation
Joined
23 Apr 2022
Messages
1,090
Location
London
I found a picture of it online, but it is not very clear. It is above the ticket machine that the person is using.
1249666_web_medium.webp


It looks like a tunnel mouth with a 10 foot height restriction sign over the portal (i.e. a road sign over a rail tunnel). In the real world, there is no rail tunnel near the station, and no 10 foot height restriction near the station either, so if it was art specifically made for Leyton Midland Road, it's a strange one
It has been moved since that picture was taken. I have a better picture that I took the other day, which I can work out how to upload if necessary.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Here's the picture I took...LeytonMidland.jpg
 
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Basil Jet

On Moderation
Joined
23 Apr 2022
Messages
1,090
Location
London
Update... there are versions of this at 8 Overground stations in Waltham Forest (Walthamstow Queens Road to Leyton Midland Road and St James Street to Chingford), all with the same design but different colours. For some reason Blackhorse Road has none, but Walthamstow Central has one on the Overground platforms. I'm none the wiser as to the meaning or origin, or what the 10 is supposed to signify.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Another update.. I've found info at http://farah-ishaq.squarespace.com/publicrealm . The "10" is to celebrate 10 years of the Overground. I'm not sure why Blackhorse Road was left out though.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top