• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Greater Anglia West Anglia fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPADTrap

Established Member
Joined
15 Oct 2012
Messages
2,355
Just an appeal to the amazing knowledge around this forum, I'm soon to be starting with GA on the west side, by the time I start I guess the traction will be 317/379 as the 315s will be handed over to LOROL but I was hoping anyone from GA currently or previously it anyone with experience driving these tractions could share their experiences with them?

I would think the 379s being newer would be nicer to drive (air con etc) but I don't think that's the case? Either way the balance of old/new seems exciting!

Any stories/anecdotes would be hugely appreciated!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

O L Leigh

Established Member
Joined
20 Jan 2006
Messages
5,609
Location
In the cab with the paper
I don't wish to be a wet blanket, but it may not necessarily be helpful to you to fill your head too much with stuff until you've completed your traction training.

Some of what you learn will not necessarily be clear or logical and to be trying to understand it all against a background of things gleaned from other drivers may actually make things harder. Get your head around these units first and then the things that you can learn from other drivers will make more sense. The tips and tricks that we can give you, experiences that we can share may not make much sense otherwise.

...with respect.

O L Leigh
 

SPADTrap

Established Member
Joined
15 Oct 2012
Messages
2,355
Anything worth sharing. Just curious. I've been warned of the 317s doors slicing fingers off when slamming shut when you open the cab windows.

Ok fair enough stuff like the fault sounds made by the TMS being similar to that of the PASSCOM might not be relevant or worth my time understanding just yet, (maybe that's just 377s) but I guess I am just curious. I work with 317s at the moment albeit not driving.

Thanks though. Sure my brain can handle it though! :)
 
Last edited:

ChrisTheRef

Established Member
Joined
15 Apr 2009
Messages
1,432
Location
South Liverpool
Ok fair enough stuff like the fault sounds made by the TMS being similar to that of the PASSCOM might not be relevant or worth my time understanding just yet

Well you've lost me there!

Your brain will have enough to deal with learning rules for a few months before they let you anywhere near an actual train.

Which depot will you be based at?
 

SPADTrap

Established Member
Joined
15 Oct 2012
Messages
2,355
Well you've lost me there!

Your brain will have enough to deal with learning rules for a few months before they let you anywhere near an actual train.

Which depot will you be based at?

Maybe that's just a 377 thing then! The same squawk for yellow and red faults as when a PASSCOM had been activated?

Cambridge at the moment, but possibly Stortford. Not certain where the vacancies will be with all the changes! Start in Nov.
 
Last edited:

ChrisTheRef

Established Member
Joined
15 Apr 2009
Messages
1,432
Location
South Liverpool
Maybe that's just a 377 thing then! The same squawk for yellow and red faults as when a PASSCOM had been activated?

Cambridge at the moment, but possibly Stortford. Not certain where the vacancies will be with all the changes! Start in Nov.

Nope, the pass com alarm is different to the train fault alarm. As mentioned, really not something you need to worry about until people start pulling them on you.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top