• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Greater Anglia - Trainee Mainline/Depot Driver (24/3/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domenico

Member
Joined
27 Jan 2022
Messages
14
Location
Liverpool
Hi guys, I got application from January 2022, wich then invited me for first stage psychometric test in march, since the test I haven’t heard if I passed or not, I’m unable to find way to contact them to check that up? Anyone have been on this situation?
Many thanks.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

March 2023*
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

NSEWonderer

Established Member
Joined
5 Dec 2020
Messages
2,910
Location
London
Hi guys, I got application from January 2022, wich then invited me for first stage psychometric test in march, since the test I haven’t heard if I passed or not, I’m unable to find way to contact them to check that up? Anyone have been on this situation?
Many thanks.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

March 2023*
Probs via recruit@greateranglia.co.uk but someone once said if after 6months but mainly 1 year there is no response they may have cancelled it all as they seem to mention after 1 year they wipe the process clean again.

For test results email OPC: admin@theopc.co.uk this is assuming ofc you went to the Assessment center and completed Stage 1.
 
Last edited:

HarryKane

Member
Joined
3 Feb 2023
Messages
16
Location
Godmanchester
Hi guys, I got application from January 2022, wich then invited me for first stage psychometric test in march, since the test I haven’t heard if I passed or not, I’m unable to find way to contact them to check that up? Anyone have been on this situation?
Many thanks.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

March 2023*
Where did you the test?
 

Domenico

Member
Joined
27 Jan 2022
Messages
14
Location
Liverpool
Where did you the test?
Stratford

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Probs via recruit@greateranglia.co.uk but someone once said if after 6months but mainly 1 year there is no response they may have cancelled it all as they seem to mention after 1 year they wipe the process clean again.

For test results email OPC: admin@theopc.co.uk this is assuming ofc you went to the Assessment center and completed Stage 1.
Thank you.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Stratford

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==


Thank you.
I just send email over requesting uptade.
Many thanks for your help mate.
 
Last edited:

Domenico

Member
Joined
27 Jan 2022
Messages
14
Location
Liverpool
Good morning,

Unfortunately there are no updates we can provide at this time, if there are any updates to your application, we will contact you directly.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Email got back from recut email Andress, but frustrating as I don’t even know if I passed on first assement.
 

Spincity

Member
Joined
23 Nov 2019
Messages
191
Location
London
Probs via recruit@greateranglia.co.uk but someone once said if after 6months but mainly 1 year there is no response they may have cancelled it all as they seem to mention after 1 year they wipe the process clean again.

For test results email OPC: admin@theopc.co.uk this is assuming ofc you went to the Assessment center and completed Stage 1.
Also assumes that OPC did the assessment, they don’t discuss results if not sat with themselves, and will only discuss results within 3 months.
 

NSEWonderer

Established Member
Joined
5 Dec 2020
Messages
2,910
Location
London
Good morning,

Unfortunately there are no updates we can provide at this time, if there are any updates to your application, we will contact you directly.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Email got back from recut email Andress, but frustrating as I don’t even know if I passed on first assement.
If you did do it with OPC at startford then on the day you would have been told and ideally would have been by now booked for the computer tests. It's new to me that they'd leave you half hanging. The OPC email so now your best bet ideally

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Also assumes that OPC did the assessment, they don’t discuss results if not sat with themselves, and will only discuss results within 3 months.
Hmm but surely since the database is store with OPC of results wouldn't the candidate be able to obtain their results even if its done by an OPC approved TOC center in-house.
 

Spincity

Member
Joined
23 Nov 2019
Messages
191
Location
London
If you did do it with OPC at startford then on the day you would have been told and ideally would have been by now booked for the computer tests. It's new to me that they'd leave you half hanging. The OPC email so now your best bet ideally

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==


Hmm but surely since the database is store with OPC of results wouldn't the candidate be able to obtain their results even if it’s done by an OPC approved TOC center in-house.
Just confirming what the opc said to a colleague. The assessor said he could have feedback if requested but only for results for 3 months. Why would a company spend time/costs discussing another centres results.
 

NSEWonderer

Established Member
Joined
5 Dec 2020
Messages
2,910
Location
London
Just confirming what the opc said to a colleague. The assessor said he could have feedback if requested but only for results for 3 months. Why would a company spend time/costs discussing another centres results.
More so because OPC is more like an Exam Board than just a center. Take like an AQA. If they're storing data on you then surely by data protection laws you're allowed to find out what is being kept. But I wouldn't be surprised there will be as you say this back and forth with OPC and GA unless someone is firm with them.

But as Harry Kane said above on the day one should have been told if they passed or failed. Find it hard they'd not say that on the day and confirm on writing being GA especially at Startford but things are possible tbh.
 

Spincity

Member
Joined
23 Nov 2019
Messages
191
Location
London
If you did do it with OPC at startford then on the day you would have been told and ideally would have been by now booked for the computer tests. It's new to me that they'd leave you half hanging. The OPC email so now your best bet ideally

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==


Hmm but surely since the database is store with OPC of results wouldn't the candidate be able to obtain their results even if its done by an OPC approved TOC center in-house.
But it’s not an opc data, it’s a national data that all assessment centres use. Northern have an assessment centre, why not call them up to discuss an assessment that a candidate did with GA.
 

NSEWonderer

Established Member
Joined
5 Dec 2020
Messages
2,910
Location
London
But it’s not an opc data, it’s a national data that all assessment centres use. Northern have an assessment centre, why not call them up to discuss an assessment that a candidate did with GA.
Terrible example as yes no budding driver id hope would call up another TOC over calling up OPC for clarification which would make a lot more sense??
Unsurprisingly OPC themselves im sure get a ton of these emails for quite clear and understandable reasons and yes considering Stage 2 for GA if I remember right actually ends up at Watford(unless its since changed from 2019) makes it even more unsurprisingly someone would email both TOC and OPC for results. Anyway this has strewn on long enough but albeit as HarryKane and you've added he did the tests at Stratford which is in inhouse.

Hopefully he can get it off GA, shame one can't check the national database with their NI and maybe some security credentials but I assume there is many safety reasons against this too.
 
Last edited:

Newdriver95

New Member
Joined
5 Aug 2023
Messages
2
Location
London
Managed to get a postion as a trainee driver at greater angila! They definitely are working through applications they said they train the most trainees out of all the TOCS they running courses every month!
 

Ses16

Member
Joined
23 Sep 2022
Messages
204
Location
London
Managed to get a postion as a trainee driver at greater angila! They definitely are working through applications they said they train the most trainees out of all the TOCS they running courses every month!
Congratulations mate, may I ask what depot you applied for?
 

NSEWonderer

Established Member
Joined
5 Dec 2020
Messages
2,910
Location
London
Managed to get a postion as a trainee driver at greater angila! They definitely are working through applications they said they train the most trainees out of all the TOCS they running courses every month!
That is great news! Did that happen recently?
 
Last edited:

golfsareus

Member
Joined
24 Aug 2022
Messages
131
Location
London
Managed to get a postion as a trainee driver at greater angila! They definitely are working through applications they said they train the most trainees out of all the TOCS they running courses every month!
Congratulations have you started or starting soon, I might see you about
 

Newdriver95

New Member
Joined
5 Aug 2023
Messages
2
Location
London
Congratulations mate, may I ask what depot you applied for?
applied to them all got offered Liverpool Street

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

That is great news! Did that happen recently?
Yes all happened rather quickly after contact had the tests medical next week and started last week

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Congratulations have you started or starting soon, I might see you about
Started last week I’m sure I’ll see about at Stratford
 

NSEWonderer

Established Member
Joined
5 Dec 2020
Messages
2,910
Location
London
applied to them all got offered Liverpool Street

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==


Yes all happened rather quickly after contact had the tests medical next week and started last week

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==


Started last week I’m sure I’ll see about at Stratford
Congrats yeh. Once contact is made the process is usually swift
 

NSEWonderer

Established Member
Joined
5 Dec 2020
Messages
2,910
Location
London
Anyone know if there's been any movement or if there are more courses this year. I've emailed to confirm but was last told Jordan is on annual leave.
 

chrisb1986

Member
Joined
4 Feb 2022
Messages
24
Location
South east
Hi there. I’ve been provisionally offered a place on a course in November. Had a interview last week so there is definitely movement
 

NSEWonderer

Established Member
Joined
5 Dec 2020
Messages
2,910
Location
London
Hi there. I’ve been provisionally offered a place on a course in November. Had a interview last week so there is definitely movement
Oh that is amazing. You'll enjoy it! I think especially with GA of current having the passes already can be a benefit. I may end up doing mine with SE this year.
 
Last edited:

NSEWonderer

Established Member
Joined
5 Dec 2020
Messages
2,910
Location
London
Has anymore more training dates for this year shown up outside the November ones? Thanks
 

golfsareus

Member
Joined
24 Aug 2022
Messages
131
Location
London
Not that I know of not sure if there waiting to see what happens with the current situation with director instructors before releasing more.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top