• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Greater Anglia online assessment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dungaxx

New Member
Joined
26 Jan 2022
Messages
4
Location
London
Hi guys,

hope everyone's safe and sound

I have an online assessment with GA for the trainee train driver

Just wanted to know if anyone has done it and how many tests are there and whether you can provide links for practice tests

Thanks guys
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jono20494

Member
Joined
24 Jan 2022
Messages
5
Location
Suffolk
So no numerical test, verbal reasoning etc. You got any practice links plz
There’s no practice ones for it.. just what would you do in certain situations. There’s two plausible answers and then one obviously wrong answer. Takes 30 mins but there’s no time limit
 

SCDR_WMR

Established Member
Joined
17 Dec 2017
Messages
2,635
Location
Crewe
Having practise versions of this test would defeat the object, and be rather pointless.
Situational Judgement is about how you would react to situations, not learning how to deal with them
 

Domenico

Member
Joined
27 Jan 2022
Messages
14
Location
Liverpool
Does anyone done the online assement for mainline trainee train driver (Cambridge)? Does have hear back from hiring team?
Thanks in advance.
 

SCDR_WMR

Established Member
Joined
17 Dec 2017
Messages
2,635
Location
Crewe
Does anyone done the online assement for mainline trainee train driver (Cambridge)? Does have hear back from hiring team?
Thanks in advance.
Done the online assessment, waiting to hear back currently
 

Nick86

New Member
Joined
1 Feb 2022
Messages
2
Location
Romford, Essex
Hi guys,

hope everyone's safe and sound

I have an online assessment with GA for the trainee train driver

Just wanted to know if anyone has done it and how many tests are there and whether you can provide links for practice tests

Thanks guys
Just got my results and I didn't pass, I don't understand why?? I put safety first and customer service second. I honestly can't see how I messed this up?? I passed all the assessments for c2c a couple years ago and was put into the talent pool ( then Covid hit and nothing came from it) but yet I couldn't pass this 1st assessment? So frustrating

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Just got my results and I didn't pass, I don't understand why?? I put safety first and customer service second. I honestly can't see how I messed this up?? I passed all the assessments for c2c a couple years ago and was put into the talent pool ( then Covid hit and nothing came from it) but yet I couldn't pass this 1st assessment? So frustrating
I also took no shortcuts with safety checks, followed the books, helped out customers... I don't get it? What are they looking for in a driver?
 
Last edited:

SCDR_WMR

Established Member
Joined
17 Dec 2017
Messages
2,635
Location
Crewe
Just got my results and I didn't pass, I don't understand why?? I put safety first and customer service second. I honestly can't see how I messed this up?? I passed all the assessments for c2c a couple years ago and was put into the talent pool ( then Covid hit and nothing came from it) but yet I couldn't pass this 1st assessment? So frustrating

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==


I also took no shortcuts with safety checks, followed the books, helped out customers... I don't get it? What are they looking for in a driver?
Sorry to hear that, chin up and apply next time. I've also passed with other TOCs and then failed with others so it can happen that way.

Perseverance (and patience) is key on the railway
 

Domenico

Member
Joined
27 Jan 2022
Messages
14
Location
Liverpool
Just got my results and I didn't pass, I don't understand why?? I put safety first and customer service second. I honestly can't see how I messed this up?? I passed all the assessments for c2c a couple years ago and was put into the talent pool ( then Covid hit and nothing came from it) but yet I couldn't pass this 1st assessment? So frustrating

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==


I also took no shortcuts with safety checks, followed the books, helped out customers... I don't get it? What are they looking for in a driver?
I didn’t heard back yet, wich depot did u applied?
 

Dungaxx

New Member
Joined
26 Jan 2022
Messages
4
Location
London
I didn’t heard back yet, wich depot did u applied?
Sorry to hear mate. Never lose hope, try again in few months time. I have failed couple of times too lol

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Hi guys,

hope everyone is safe and well.

I just got an email to say that I have passed the online assessment :) and are now within a pool of candidates awaiting the next stage. Anyone know what the next stage is please?

It also says due to the length of the trainee driver/trainee depot driver recruitment process, they cannot provide definitive timeline on when I will contacted regarding the next stage as this is based on location requirements throughout the year.

Lastly, it mentions if I have previously completed any psychometric testing to inform them so that they can check my scoring. Do they mean testing for Greater Anglia or company in general??

Thanks guys and best of luck to everyone
 
Last edited:

SCDR_WMR

Established Member
Joined
17 Dec 2017
Messages
2,635
Location
Crewe
If you've already gone through testing for any other TOC they will check first to see if you've met the required standards, saves putting you through it again
 

Nick86

New Member
Joined
1 Feb 2022
Messages
2
Location
Romford, Essex
Sorry to hear mate. Never lose hope, try again in few months time. I have failed couple of times too lol

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Hi guys,

hope everyone is safe and well.

I just got an email to say that I have passed the online assessment :) and are now within a pool of candidates awaiting the next stage. Anyone know what the next stage is please?

It also says due to the length of the trainee driver/trainee depot driver recruitment process, they cannot provide definitive timeline on when I will contacted regarding the next stage as this is based on location requirements throughout the year.

Lastly, it mentions if I have previously completed any psychometric testing to inform them so that they can check my scoring. Do they mean testing for Greater Anglia or company in general??

Thanks guys and best of luck to everyone
Well done mate, might need to ask for some tips next time I apply?
 

Jaytrains

Member
Joined
20 Nov 2017
Messages
585
Nothing yet, maybe because I already passed them at national level, i only need to sit the dfft
 

Ratface98

Member
Joined
4 Feb 2022
Messages
14
Location
Colchester
Hopefully you two are all good then I did read on another forum on here that greater anglia want enhanced marks?
 
Last edited:

SCDR_WMR

Established Member
Joined
17 Dec 2017
Messages
2,635
Location
Crewe
Don't see why it would, just means you get to skip to the latter parts of the process.
 

SCDR_WMR

Established Member
Joined
17 Dec 2017
Messages
2,635
Location
Crewe
I had really good communication before Christmas about a previous application. Surprised me tbh.
Don't get me wrong, there can be long waits between stages like any other TOC but they've never not emailed me. I have an internal application ongoing for another position and they've been on it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top