samuelmorris
Established Member
Yeah I saw the same poster and thought the same - it's the last few stations on the way to (and including) Peterborough - is this because they're operated by a different TOC or something?
I also saw a big group of revenue inspectors boarding at Tottenham Hale towards Liverpool Street. All wearing yellow hi-vis. First time I've ever seen a group of them blitzing a train in years (literally years).
Yeah I saw the same poster and thought the same - it's the last few stations on the way to (and including) Peterborough - is this because they're operated by a different TOC or something?
I also saw a big group of revenue inspectors boarding at Tottenham Hale towards Liverpool Street. All wearing yellow hi-vis. First time I've ever seen a group of them blitzing a train in years (literally years).
Even the main AGA routes have had a few brands/names/operators since the Spring of 2004.
FGE/WAGN/Anglia
ONE
NXEA
GA
AGA
With another change possibly happening next year.
What a waste of money. (IMO)
It seemed like an odd place to board, at Tottenham Hale and heading INTO London. There was only one more stop, Hackney Downs, before LST.
Unless they are trying to catch people doing fiddles with Oyster/dumbelling or something I can't immediately think of. After all, LST is gated. Maybe it was just to go back and start over.
It was also a 315, so no first class to enforce (and in any case, it was a Hertford East originating service so wouldn't have had first class in operation anyway).
Evening peak out of Liverpool St. Completely buggered 2 days running by idiot pax trying to open doors on Norwich services that don't stop until Manningtree or Ipswich. :roll: Bet AGA control were having a pink fit. Why do these idiots never look or listen to announcements ??
Surely they wouldn't get very far as the doors are locked?
Not a good night on the GEML tonight. Loco on the 18:00 up Norwich failed at Manningtree rescued by following freight. Consequence the 20:00, 20:30, 21:00, 21:30 down all cancelled, 22:30 starting from Colchester passengers on the 22:18 Clacton. Not sure if it's weather related, but we did have some snow late afternoon in the area?
Not a good night on the GEML tonight. Loco on the 18:00 up Norwich failed at Manningtree rescued by following freight. Consequence the 20:00, 20:30, 21:00, 21:30 down all cancelled, 22:30 starting from Colchester passengers on the 22:18 Clacton. Not sure if it's weather related, but we did have some snow late afternoon in the area?
The resulting cancellation and delays were the worst I have known for a long time with regards to a failed train. It wasn't even peak time in that direction. Diabolical.
Not a good night on the GEML tonight. Loco on the 18:00 up Norwich failed at Manningtree rescued by following freight. Consequence the 20:00, 20:30, 21:00, 21:30 down all cancelled, 22:30 starting from Colchester passengers on the 22:18 Clacton. Not sure if it's weather related, but we did have some snow late afternoon in the area?
Incredibly light snow, no excuse whatsoever. I suspect the continuing poor maintenance was to blame. The coaches were from the Pretendolino; it was a very sad sight to see it broken at Colchester (locos were old AGA ones).
The resulting cancellation and delays were the worst I have known for a long time with regards to a failed train. It wasn't even peak time in that direction. Diabolical.
The problem was how to rescue it - a light loco at Parkeston had no driver, and the train immediately behind was a 12 car 321, (which had a freight train immediately behind as well.)
The plan was to shunt the 321s to the Down platforn (which couldn't happen instantly) but then the points at the London end subsequently failed so it went cars to Ipswich to get out of the way.
Once this was clear the following freight could attach, to push the lot to Colchester, which takes time.
All the above and I believe there were further problems with the assisting loco have power problems.
Your turn to couple will come eventually? Hold on in there mate![]()
Do Greater Anglia not have a thunderbird loco on standby? I'm sure I used to see a class 47 stabled at Colchester or Shenfield.
I know you were probably delayed and inconvenienced but since when does that excuse you finding out the facts before having a rant and making assumptions?
Passengers have been demanding massive investment in the infrastructure on GEML for a while. Network Rail announces the biggest investment ever with a very high tech bit of kit being used i.e the high output ballast cleaner. Then people complain about the lack of trains late at night and weekends while the work is taking place. The railway just cannot win either way.
Next meeting of the East Anglia Passenger Voice group is Feb 24 6pm.
County Hotel Chelmsford 6pm
Follow me at @waynecips for last minutes.
MPs interested. GE candidates coming, we are seeing NR and Transport Sec in next few weeks.
Anyone know why the class 315s suffer from damp/ stain marks at certain points on the body side? Looks quite unsightly