RBO26
Member
Hi, everyone
I've received an email from GA's fraud investigation service this morning saying the following:
Within that time period, I've only travelled without a valid ticket literally once or twice, but Chelmsford station's gates are often broken, so they just let everyone through without needing to scan the ticket.
Any advice on whether this is a real email and, if it is, on how to proceed?
I've also held a monthly pass for the majority of this time period, if it helps.
I've received an email from GA's fraud investigation service this morning saying the following:
"Re: Trainline / UBER / Account
Following a review of your bookings, several travel irregularities were identified.
These irregularities involve your journeys on Greater Anglia Services between September 2024 and November 2025.
We are seeking to ascertain whether a valid ticket was held for these journeys. We invite you to respond to this letter within 7 days by email to Fraud.Investigations@greateranglia.co.uk
quoting the reference number {redacted} in the subject field.
In your response, please provide any statements or mitigations, as well as any supporting documentation, that you would like us to consider in relation to this matter.
Yours sincerely,
Siobhan Watts
Fraud and Investigations
Within that time period, I've only travelled without a valid ticket literally once or twice, but Chelmsford station's gates are often broken, so they just let everyone through without needing to scan the ticket.
Any advice on whether this is a real email and, if it is, on how to proceed?
I've also held a monthly pass for the majority of this time period, if it helps.
Last edited by a moderator:
