Superhans123
New Member
Received this
We are emailing from the Greater Anglia fraud department. We have been investigating industry data and have been led to believe you are potentially not paying full fares on Greater Anglia services. There appear to be a number of incorrectly purchased tickets showing on your account that are a breach of our terms and conditions and considered fraudulent activity.
I panicked and replied just saying
Could I have some more information on this please
They've responded
To aid our investigation, data has highlighted multiple tickets between Station A and Station B either being purchased on board the trains or on arrival at Station B. These tickets have been scanned on the barriers just after purchase in order to exit the station. These tickets are not valid. This flagged your account as possible fraudulent travel.
Some of the times you have scanned your tickets on the barriers at Station B, no train has stopped at Station A.
Data suggests you may be travelling from Station C and may not be paying your full fares
This is accurate but station C hasn't got barriers but I've bought tickets from there before so I assume they've seen this on trainline. I could possibly say I was travelling from a closer station without barriers but I don't know what proof they've got (e.g CCTV)
Any advice on what I can do about this? Based on similar posts on this site, I understand I can just ignore further emails. However, does the fact I've already replied affect this, even if I haven't replied anything incriminating?
I know travelling like this was stupid of me to do in the first place, definitely won't be doing it in the future! It's only been a handful of times though so should I just take the hit and reply honestly?
I've never been stopped before or received a penalty fare btw and I don't regularly travel on GA.
Any advice would be very much appreciated!
We are emailing from the Greater Anglia fraud department. We have been investigating industry data and have been led to believe you are potentially not paying full fares on Greater Anglia services. There appear to be a number of incorrectly purchased tickets showing on your account that are a breach of our terms and conditions and considered fraudulent activity.
I panicked and replied just saying
Could I have some more information on this please
They've responded
To aid our investigation, data has highlighted multiple tickets between Station A and Station B either being purchased on board the trains or on arrival at Station B. These tickets have been scanned on the barriers just after purchase in order to exit the station. These tickets are not valid. This flagged your account as possible fraudulent travel.
Some of the times you have scanned your tickets on the barriers at Station B, no train has stopped at Station A.
Data suggests you may be travelling from Station C and may not be paying your full fares
This is accurate but station C hasn't got barriers but I've bought tickets from there before so I assume they've seen this on trainline. I could possibly say I was travelling from a closer station without barriers but I don't know what proof they've got (e.g CCTV)
Any advice on what I can do about this? Based on similar posts on this site, I understand I can just ignore further emails. However, does the fact I've already replied affect this, even if I haven't replied anything incriminating?
I know travelling like this was stupid of me to do in the first place, definitely won't be doing it in the future! It's only been a handful of times though so should I just take the hit and reply honestly?
I've never been stopped before or received a penalty fare btw and I don't regularly travel on GA.
Any advice would be very much appreciated!