When the 37s and DBSO arrives. When that is, no idea.
I see DRS have managed to provide 2x47 that actually work from yesterday lunchtime so 818 and 841 are trundling around on the booked SX diagram at present.
Bets on how long 841 lasts?
First time I've seen 841 in a sentence containing 'work' - that thing was a bag of nails in Virgin XC days!
First to leave DRS I wonder?
47841 did a sterling job tonight. Anyway, short set permanent diagram.
NC450:
ECS to Lowestoft.
2J67 07:47 LWT-NRW
2P12 08:36 NRW-GYM
2P13 09:17 GYM-NRW
2P18 10:36 NRW-GYM
2P17 11:17 GYM-NRW
2P20 12:36 NRW-GYM
2J80 14:55 NRW-LWT
2J83 15:48 LWT-NRW
2P32 17:36 NRW-GYM
2P33 18:17 GYM-NRW
2J88 19:00 NRW-LWT
2J91 19:55 LWT-NRW
DMU's do cover this from time to time, but this is where the GA short set *should* be found. And it's a Monday - Friday only job.
Is there a working missed out, reason I ask is that there is a working to Yarmouth but no return for the next working to Lowestoft between midday and 3pm
Is the other short set being kept on, obviously this diagram frees up another DMU for the extra Sherringham services, so really GA are as they was
Well spotted! I meant to comment on that myself, actually. 2P21 1317 Great Yarmouth - Norwich should usually be Class 47-hauled, to the best of my knowledge. This has certainly happened within the past week.
There have been a couple of short formations with a 153 standing in* for what I believe was a 156 (somebody will no doubt correct me if I'm wrong) with a transmission fault, so it would be ideal if another loco-hauled short set could be used. However, I'm not so sure that this is currently the case with any given diagram.
*I think this might perhaps have been interchangeably on both the Bittern & Wherry Lines.
The other set didnt have a set diagram, it was on standby to be used at any given time, so in effect it could have been used daily for a period of time until the missing DMU was back then not used for weeks
I think I am correct but someone will say if I am wrong, just wondering whether this set will still be around, I guess if it was still to be used it would almost certainly be the second set on the DRS diagram as its can't go to Sheringham and unlikely to go to Cambridge unless things were really desperate
Is the other short set being kept on, obviously this diagram frees up another DMU for the extra Sherringham services, so really GA are as they was
There was talk of there being two sets, one on the diagram and one sat spare in case of DMU failure. I've been told it cannot go to Cambridge due to restrictions on self despatching Mk3s from Thetford
Which extra Sheringham services (obviously) require an additional diagram?
The summer Sunday services that will now run all year use a unit that would otherwise be spare, no extra diagram required.
There are some issues with Thetford & loco-hauled stock. As been said before though due to speed restrictions Lakenheath to Ely N Jnc LHCS cannot keep time & therefore cannot maintain turnarounds at Norwich & has objections from EMTs as would delay their services Westbound.
Apologies, my mistake, for some reason I thought it was a 2 hourly service not hourly but that was on Sundays only during winter
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
What are the restrictions at Theford then, NENTA dont seem to have a problem
What are the restrictions at Theford then, NENTA dont seem to have a problem
The reasoning I've heard is that the up platform is too curved against the vision of the conductor to safely self dispatch.
Makes you wonder how they managed years ago with set that went to Peterborough with the class 31 on the front and even today with a 3 car 170 or 4 car EMT set
47841 did a sterling job tonight. Anyway, short set permanent diagram.
NC450:
ECS to Lowestoft.
2J67 07:47 LWT-NRW
2P12 08:36 NRW-GYM
2P13 09:17 GYM-NRW
2P18 10:36 NRW-GYM
2P17 11:17 GYM-NRW
2P20 12:36 NRW-GYM
2J80 14:55 NRW-LWT
2J83 15:48 LWT-NRW
2P32 17:36 NRW-GYM
2P33 18:17 GYM-NRW
2J88 19:00 NRW-LWT
2J91 19:55 LWT-NRW
DMU's do cover this from time to time, but this is where the GA short set *should* be found. And it's a Monday - Friday only job.

According to the guard on last Monday(2nd June 2014)'s 1736 Norwich to Yarmouth, it should be 37s and MK2s from September. That'll definitely see me going back over!
Have you any information about the routes the Mk2s are likely to work, is it just Yarmouth and Lowestoft or is Sheringham possible too, given they haven't got the same restriction as Mk3s have down the branch?
TP
Presume the set was out again today? Coming over for a ride on Friday prior to a weekend at the North Norfolk.