• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Greater Anglia diesel fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
14 Aug 2012
Messages
1,070
Location
Stratford
Interesting replies, thanks everyone.

I had a conversation yesterday with someone who said it was "ridiculous" that there was only one carriage on the Felixstowe train on a bank holiday weekend (it wasn't that busy - that was at 10.28). They didn't like my response of "where would you like to reduce the number of carriages - Sheringham, Yarmouth or Lowestoft?" To which they said "they must have spare coaches somewhere" :roll: .

Can anybody share how many units are required to operate the timetable Monday to Friday? I've looked in the diagrams forum and tried to search but to no avail. From the responses it sounds like everything is needed with one failure causing cancellations?

Gareth

I believe they have 26 units (not including the slam door set) for 23 diagrams
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Joined
14 Aug 2012
Messages
1,070
Location
Stratford
Ipswich - Peterborough is booked 2 car 170.

Am I right in thinking that Ipswich to Cambridge is booked as a 3 car 170 except for early in the morning when its a 153

I think the first train from Cambridge is a 153 which then forms the Felixstowe service once it arrives in Ipswich at 8:30
 
Last edited:

mervyn72

Member
Joined
23 Jul 2015
Messages
192
First and last Ipswich to Cambridge are 153 and I think the 20xx off Ipswich is a 156
 

dk1

Veteran Member
Joined
2 Oct 2009
Messages
19,881
Location
East Anglia
First return Ipswich-Cambridge is indeed a 153. It then works the 08:25 Felixstowe before going ECS to Norwich.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top