delticdave
Member
Makes sense, 2 x 755 in e-mode = 1 x 745......, but probably less overall weight.Don't think there are any power restrictions in this neck of the woods. It's software issues agains I think.
Makes sense, 2 x 755 in e-mode = 1 x 745......, but probably less overall weight.Don't think there are any power restrictions in this neck of the woods. It's software issues agains I think.
CCF is a very useful tool for Control offices and I believe the "Control" is for that very reason. I don't personally use it but colleagues at adjacent desks do. More recent resignallings show a stop or a proceed aspect on the screens.Control Centre of the Future, why it called that I have no idea, it's not in the future, it's not really at the centre, and 'controls' nothing ! It does however show where all the trains are, what their booked route is, and how late (or early) it is, you can also do replays, to see where a train was delayed by a red signal, or regulating delay![]()
CCF is a very useful tool for Control offices and I believe the "Control" is for that very reason. I don't personally use it but colleagues at adjacent desks do. More recent resignallings show a stop or a proceed aspect on the screens.
Can couple as ECS, and have done so for a few months, but not in Passenger service.
And has to be in diesel mode.
As long as they know that when a train says it is at signal EFG5678, it may well be some mile or two away, maybe just a few yards past the last signal ABC1234CCF is a very useful tool for Control offices and I believe the "Control" is for that very reason. I don't personally use it but colleagues at adjacent desks do. More recent resignallings show a stop or a proceed aspect on the screens.

Absolutely, but that comes with experience of using CCF.As long as they know that when a train says it is at signal EFG5678, it may well be some mile or two away, maybe just a few yards past the last signal ABC1234![]()
With CCF, they just plonk it on the desk and say...'here you are'Absolutely, but that comes with experience of using CCF.
You wouldn't just climb into an Airbus and drive it, without building training and experience.
pretty sure I only know the basics even tho we have had it since day 1!Mostly that, but also because the bloke who helped develop it worked in control and called it that!Would that 'bloke' be Bob Smith ?
Smythe, please.
Is that just because it's superior to that on 745/1s and there's a risk for them to turn up when a 745/0 is expected?He will be pleased to see his name in lights!
Having travelled on a fair few Stadler trains now I think the 755s are preferable to the 745s. First class is nice on a 745 when it turns up but the layout of a 755 just seems better. Can only be down to personal preference though, doubtless some think the opposite.
Is that just because it's superior to that on 745/1s and there's a risk for them to turn up when a 745/0 is expected?
Gimme a 755 interior over the 'poor' ex GA MK3 interiors. If the GA MK3's had been fitted with the equivalent of LNER 'mallard' interiors - no contest - the MK3's would win.I think the difference with the 755 is the step change from what they replaced. To go from a single 153 to one of these was something else. While the mkiii carriages were knackered they were still nice inside
Is that testing prior to acceptance ?. I ask because I have been wondering if some of the 755s have not yet been in service or maybe have dropped out of service. I have been in a 755 and was really impressed with the seats and ambience.755401 on test through witham yesterday
Were the '3's refurbed knowing they were time limited with GA? If so, maybe that drove the way it was done, had they gone all out and done a real refurb, maybe we would still have them ?Gimme a 755 interior over the 'poor' ex GA MK3 interiors. If the GA MK3's had been fitted with the equivalent of LNER 'mallard' interiors - no contest - the MK3's would win.
They had £millions & £millions spent on them. Total rewiring & CET tanks fitted too less than 5 years ago. In the end a complete fleet renewal with new trains was chosen. Some have been retained but most will see the cutters torch.Were the '3's refurbed knowing they were time limited with GA? If so, maybe that drove the way it was done, had they gone all out and done a real refurb, maybe we would still have them ?
Indeed, thought and might be he and he is riding daily on them to get his Mileage accumulation !Smythe, please.
Indeed, thought and might be he and he is riding daily on them to get his Mileage accumulation !
755330 & 4055q58 1452 liv street to Norwich crown point was 2x755/4 (also did tests liv st to cheshunt)
anyone know what units were on it many thanks
755 same as the 07:03/09:30 on the diagram due to a shortage of serviceable 745s.Journey check has the 12:00 Norwich - Liverpool Street and 14:30 return metnioned as formed of four coaches. A through 755 service to London or something less interesting such as a 321 ?
755 same as the 07:03/09:30 on the diagram due to a shortage of serviceable 745s.
No still not passed mate. Turned round at Colchester.Thank you. Didn't realise that they now went beyond Colchester in passenger service.
Update. Now running through to/from Liverpool St. Is this a first?No still not passed mate. Turned round at Colchester.