• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Great Western's largest station under next franchise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlee

Member
Joined
14 Sep 2011
Messages
160
Location
Plymouth
When the management of bristol temple meads and reading are transferred to network rail what station would be the largest managed by the great western franchise?

Can't seem to find any list online of there managed stations.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Joined
16 May 2010
Messages
12,856
I presume you mean passenger figures, in which case I'd say Oxford (with 5,798,000 passengers over 2010-2011). The ORR's figures would be able to say for certain however, I currently don't have Excel however so I can't access the spreadsheets.

If you meant train movements, surely it would be any along the Paddington-Reading corridor, or by number of stops Bristol Parkway, Slough or Oxford?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Having read the OP again, if you mean largest by general importance I'd say either Oxford or Bristol Parkway again, though that would depend on how you'd classify Bath Spa, Exeter St Davids and Plymouth.
 

tbtc

Veteran Member
Joined
16 Dec 2008
Messages
18,060
Location
Reston City Centre
I presume you mean passenger figures, in which case I'd say Oxford (with 5,798,000 passengers over 2010-2011)

Oxford's numbers should increase significantly through the course of the next Greater Western franchise, since the line to Marlylebone/ Milton Keynes/ Bedford etc should open
 

Zoe

Established Member
Joined
22 Aug 2008
Messages
5,905
Although Network Rail will be taking over the management of the two stations, will FGW (or the new franchisee) continue to do dispatch the trains?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top