Welshguy1048
Established Member
Was it scrapped!/broken up for parts?
carried on being used.Was it scrapped!/broken up for parts?
I believe that they made special efforts to ensure that all the scrap was completely disintegrated so that there would be no bits left for ghoulish collectors.
Royal Mail have a flame cut of a number panel.
These relevant comments appear on another thread. I admit it would be nice to see the flame cut as definitive proof of its existence.It still exists! Someone posted a recent photo of it yesterday on a FB.
These relevant comments appear on another thread. I admit it would be nice to see the flame cut as definitive proof of its existence.
40126 was withdrawn from service on 15 February 1984. Upon withdrawal the locomotive was offered to the National Railway Museum at York as an exhibit loco regarding its past history. However, the NRM declined and it was scrapped at Doncaster Works with indecent haste, no doubt to stop any pillaging souvenir hunters.