• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Great Northern Train Driver Rota/Shifts & Parenting

Status
Not open for further replies.

CuriousTrainee

New Member
Joined
14 Jul 2023
Messages
1
Location
London
I've successfully made it through GTR's Train Driver recruitment :D and would really appreciate it if someone is able to provide Great Northern Train Driver's rota/shift pattern.

I have a young family and need to think about what kind of childcare I will need. With that being said, a little advice on how a train driver balances a young family, how children might be affected etc. will also be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

choochoochoo

Established Member
Joined
6 Aug 2013
Messages
1,318
I've successfully made it through GTR's Train Driver recruitment :D and would really appreciate it if someone is able to provide Great Northern Train Driver's rota/shift pattern.

I have a young family and need to think about what kind of childcare I will need. With that being said, a little advice on how a train driver balances a young family, how children might be affected etc. will also be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance!
What depot you going to be at ? Hornsey or Welwyn ?
 

Mattydo

Member
Joined
27 Mar 2020
Messages
215
Have sent you a base roster for GN welwyn. If you have any questions. It's different to the standard Thameslink 3 week pattern.
 

Knowledgeboy

Member
Joined
31 Oct 2016
Messages
83
Location
London
Fairly easy to get a permanent swap at Hornsey if need be to permanent t earlies, lates, nights if that is preferable to working your rosta. I do perm earlies but wife works from home two days a week so around to do school run.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top