Millercool21
Member
Class 379 announcements!
I wonder if the Matt announcements in that video are only for testing, and when they enter service they’ll use the same announcements (Julie Berry) as the 387s. It would be odd to use Matt as the main voice on the 379s considering every other GTR fleet has Julie Berry as the main voice.Class 379 announcements!
I wonder if the Matt announcements in that video are only for testing, and when they enter service they’ll use the same announcements (Julie Berry) as the 387s. It would be odd to use Matt as the main voice on the 379s considering every other GTR fleet has Julie Berry as the main voice.
Will be Matts at least for now...I wonder if the Matt announcements in that video are only for testing, and when they enter service they’ll use the same announcements (Julie Berry) as the 387s. It would be odd to use Matt as the main voice on the 379s considering every other GTR fleet has Julie Berry as the main voice.
Will be Matts at least for now...
A more comfortable peak-time seat for someone else thenThat will be a good reason for me to avoid 379 services then. I find his tones really grate. Julie Berry is so much more polished.
last time I heard they were due into service on the 10th febwent past Hornsey depot this morning and theres a 379 in the back with GN logos applied, unsure of number however. introduction imminent?
Make sure you know the platform beforehandplanning to take a ride on 1724 kx - letchworth. (If I can get to KX at 1721)
The one I saw the other day had a lot of WD40 cans and cloths on tables, so I hope they've fixed all the squeaks by then!
Couldn't agree more!!I suggest, if the railway stocks WD40, it would best be deployed on the hinges of the seat back tables in the 2+3 sections of sub-classes 377/2, 377/4 and 377/5, before it's squirted over the lesser squeaks of the 379s.
Cans at Great Northern?Hopefully they have more than just a few cans.
Perhaps the 365s were recycled into WD-40 cans.Cans at Great Northern?![]()
That will be a good reason for me to avoid 379 services then. I find his tones really grate. Julie Berry is so much more polished.
I'll take the screech of a 379 seat back table down and up once a journey over juggling a soggy cardboard coffee cup on my lap for an hour on a 700!Up to you dude but this has to be one of the dafter bits of "reasoning" I've seen!
Given that the seat back tables in the 379s screeched like hell barely months into service it'll likely take more than WD40 to shut them up.
I believe all the serviceable units (002, 022, 026) are stabled in Hornsey as of nowUnsure of if a 379 set is in letchworth right now in prep for the planned service later today.
So the 379 is actually running? It looks to me like it is a 700 instead? From what i can see 700043 is running 1R09 this morning. It is showing 379002 and 379022 and 379026 are all stabled at Hornsey currently.I can confirm that, it is currently sitting at P1 at Letchworth.
It is certainly a possibility. It is worth checking 1L48 later. I have known of only half a diagram to run before. So they could always swap the 700 for the 379 for the evening working if they are available for service.Could the 379s come out for the pm peak service later? (Not that I’m ever going to make it to KX in time, but just out of curiousity)
It makes it easier now as its all gonna be in Hornsey for most of the day.It is certainly a possibility. It is worth checking 1L48 later. I have known of only half a diagram to run before. So they could always swap the 700 for the 379 for the evening working if they are available for service.
Could anyone with access to "the system" confirm please?Hi there, here is an update from GN themselves about what the return journey is to Letchworth
379002, 022 & 026 are still showing as Stabled at Hornsey Depot. I will update when and if this changes.Could anyone with access to "the system" confirm please?
1R09 is 700043. I'd imagine that 1L48 is also with a spare 700.Does this mean that the first Great Northern passenger working of a class 379 will be on Monday the 10th as 1R09/1L48 only run on weekdays (SSuX)