Slightly relevant i guess.. a Greater Anglia ad which keeps popping up on TV uses the double arrow at the end as well as the current GA logo.
I quite like the hare. Apparently it's Britain's fastest land animal, would be a quite appropriate symbol for a future Intercity brand actually.
That would work quite nicely, could maybe add a white cutout in the double arrow shape.While I've generally proposed repurposing the LNER livery (with the word INTERCITY with the LNER flash on the N) the rabbit is to be fair more appropriate than the LNER Muppet (unless of course it's aimed at those designing their fares policy).
As Scotland and wales have their own branding and liveries, the neatest solution would be to roll-out the Greater Anglia livery with the double-arrow across the Network. It features England's colours without being overtly nationalistic and has shown that it's adaptable, working on several types of rolling stock and on inter-city, regional and local services very successfully.
This has been the case for several years at GA. Across the industry, the double arrow has become increasingly common, both due to the influence of individuals and wider industry initiatives.Slightly relevant i guess.. a Greater Anglia ad which keeps popping up on TV uses the double arrow at the end as well as the current GA logo.
I wouldn't expect there to not be too much "rebranding" taking over the entire network and changing EVERYTHING would cost an absolute fortune not to mention a long time. I'm sure we will see a centralised training center and a GBR management "team" plonked on top of all the TOCs
A total rebrand and total "takeover" would cost so much, in fact I expect the government couldn't afford to take it all on. I mean just taking over the lease of every train in the country.... you imagine the cost.... and they want to keep ticket fares down.... if they do that tickets will go up to fund it no?
Could work. But I still don't see how they can do a full blown take over, inheriting every TOC and it's bill, debts, wages etc. I think they will take the TOCs into GBF scope, centralise training and put a big management team on the top of the hierarchy and be done with it. I think at ground employee level we will hardly notice a change.One initial thing that could be done is something like the Regional Railways brand, i.e. put a superscripted double arrow at the end of the existing TOC brand.
Greater Anglia also has great punctuality and cancellation rates, so it's a good contender for creating an "improved" look.As Scotland and wales have their own branding and liveries, the neatest solution would be to roll-out the Greater Anglia livery with the double-arrow across the Network. It features England's colours without being overtly nationalistic and has shown that it's adaptable, working on several types of rolling stock and on inter-city, regional and local services very successfully.
Taking over the TOCs would also bring in whatever money they were getting with their contract to operate the service. It may even be ideal to get rid of the ROSCOs over time as it would be cheaper (long-term) for theI wouldn't expect there to not be too much "rebranding" taking over the entire network and changing EVERYTHING would cost an absolute fortune not to mention a long time. I'm sure we will see a centralised training center and a GBR management "team" plonked on top of all the TOCs
A total rebrand and total "takeover" would cost so much, in fact I expect the government couldn't afford to take it all on. I mean just taking over the lease of every train in the country.... you imagine the cost.... and they want to keep ticket fares down.... if they do that tickets will go up to fund it no?
I think operation-wise it'll be nearly identical, but I am curious to how staff leisure travel will work afterwards. There's a lot of weird acceptance between seemingly unrelated companies (Merseyrail accept GA staff because they're both owned by Transport UK Group), though every member of gateline staff that I've met has just allowed anybody with staff travel cards through any barriers (Northern staff through GA barriers, for example).I think at ground employee level we will hardly notice a change.
It's got roller skates, that's like the whole point! Typically slow thing going fast.* Not as utterly stupid as Avanti's tortoise though. "I've got a fast rail service to advertise, what shall I use? I know, the slowest animal."
I would expect a unified brand to appear in time. Most TOCs manage it during their tenure, so for anything that has a reasonable service like left they'll do something.Could work. But I still don't see how they can do a full blown take over, inheriting every TOC and it's bill, debts, wages etc. I think they will take the TOCs into GBF scope, centralise training and put a big management team on the top of the hierarchy and be done with it. I think at ground employee level we will hardly notice a change.
Have I missed something? When was this announced? (My bolding)It'll be interesting to see what happens with the "in-house" TOCs. I suspect we'll start to see BR logos on those trains soon after the GBR South West launch.
I suspect Wivenswold means last December's government announcement, linked here:Have I missed something? When was this announced? (My bolding)
Ahh, possibly although it's likely things have moved along since then, the news paper article further up the thread indicated this month to start seeing any branding changes but with anything Govt related, I'm not holding my breath!!I suspect Wivenswold means last December's government announcement, linked here:
![]()
First train services to return to public ownership revealed
Services across England will return to public control, transforming our railways into a more reliable, affordable and accessible system.www.gov.uk
If the transition to BR Monastral Blue was anything to go by:Ahh, possibly although it's likely things have moved along since then, the news paper article further up the thread indicated this month to start seeing any branding changes but with anything Govt related, I'm not holding my breath!!![]()
![]()
What a highly original and well thought-out colour scheme. Oh, hang on....The brand and new national livery will be unveiled this Sunday 25 May, red white and blue and currently being applied in Bournemouth
What a highly original and well thought-out colour scheme. Oh, hang on....![]()
![]()
There's definitely scope for it to be hideous. I hope they don't try to make the union flag part of it, a triangle based scheme is likely to be bad on long rectangles like trains.It’s either going to be worst thing you’ve ever seen, the most wonderful thing you’ve ever seen, or Network SouthEast
My wicked side thinks of these....It’s either going to be worst thing you’ve ever seen, the most wonderful thing you’ve ever seen, or Network SouthEast
news.railbusinessdaily.com
At the rarely experienced hour of 6.14am on Sunday, the first train to carry the Great British Railways branding will make its way out of London Waterloo to Shepperton: traversing the Surrey commuter belt emblazoned with a red, white and blue GBR logo, and proudly renationalised to boot.
The next train with the planned state body’s branding may be some years behind it. But the Labour government hopes to grab the moment to demonstrate to an increasingly impatient electorate that the wheels of change – in rail at least – are finally turning.
The first renationalisation, landing on the late May bank holiday weekend, is one of Britain’s biggest commuter services – although the trains, including the one currently getting the GBR paint job in a Bournemouth depot, will still run as South Western Railway for some time. As the first emblem of a potential new era pulls into the station, what does the shake-up mean for the rail industry – and will passengers notice the difference?
Ironically, I think GBRf's 66780 has a livery which would look superb as GBR house colours and scheme.I think the livery is most likely going to be quite minimalist and contain a lot of white or light grey, with only a splash of red and/or blue thrown in apart from the GBR logo itself.