• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Grayling and the SoS for Transport role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

northwichcat

Veteran Member
Joined
23 Jan 2009
Messages
32,692
Location
Northwich
According to Laura Kuenssberg Chris Grayling has become Conservative Party Chairman, taking the same position which Patrick McLoughlin had after he was SoS for Transport.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Kite159

Veteran Member
Joined
27 Jan 2014
Messages
22,858
Location
West of Andover
Might be worth waiting until his replacement is named, just in case his replacement hasn't got the best track record of being "pro-rail"
 

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Joined
12 Oct 2010
Messages
32,949
Location
Fenny Stratford
According to Laura Kuenssberg Chris Grayling has become Conservative Party Chairman, taking the same position which Patrick McLoughlin had after he was SoS for Transport.

hardly a surprise as I assume he has, as with all ministers, outlived his usefulness to the PM - However it isnt, as yet, confirmed.

Might be worth waiting until his replacement is named, just in case his replacement hasn't got the best track record of being "pro-rail"

Exactly - lets see who is the next cab on the rank...............................
 

YorkshireBear

Established Member
Joined
23 Jul 2010
Messages
9,673
Tweet deleted now apparently announcing that so who knows.

Never over till the fat lady sings.
 

northwichcat

Veteran Member
Joined
23 Jan 2009
Messages
32,692
Location
Northwich

Darandio

Established Member
Joined
24 Feb 2007
Messages
11,145
Location
Redcar
And now Laura Kuenssberg says it could be Brandon Lewis....

Hold the horses everyone, Grayling still not confirmed - another source has just told me it is Brandon Lewis to Tory HQ - we'll know v soon -
 

47802

Established Member
Joined
6 Mar 2010
Messages
3,454
If I was to put money on it, it would be Grayling not moving
 

Mag_seven

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Joined
1 Sep 2014
Messages
12,020
Location
here to eternity
Just another day in Teresa Mayhem's chaotic government - and to think that this lot are in charge of us exiting the EU. I despair!
 

Polarbear

Established Member
Joined
24 May 2008
Messages
1,930
Location
Birkenhead
Personally, I'm not sure I'd leave this government & it's ministers in charge of a brown paper bag, but that's my opinion!

I'd like to see the back of Greything, but I think the expression "better the devil you know" may come into play here.....o_O
 

northwichcat

Veteran Member
Joined
23 Jan 2009
Messages
32,692
Location
Northwich
Personally, I'm not sure I'd leave this government & it's ministers in charge of a brown paper bag, but that's my opinion!

I'd like to see the back of Greything, but I think the expression "better the devil you know" may come into play here.....o_O

Well everyone seems to hate Grayling but not many have said who they think would be better, noting that some pro-EU Conservative MPs won't join the cabinet as it would make it harder for them to oppose Brexit.
 

YorkshireBear

Established Member
Joined
23 Jul 2010
Messages
9,673
Confirmed Chris Grayling will not become Party Chairman, remains to be seen if he will move at all.
 

ANorthernGuard

Established Member
Joined
8 Oct 2010
Messages
2,662
Chances are that he will still move or even sacked (which I doubt) The whole dispute is damaging the Government and its voters so will be interesting.
 

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Joined
12 Oct 2010
Messages
32,949
Location
Fenny Stratford
Confirmed Chris Grayling will not become Party Chairman, remains to be seen if he will move at all.

'tis Brandon Lewis - no, no idea either.........................

( Joking. He is the MP for Great Yarmouth and was immigration minster - he was tipped on the radio this morning to be rewarded for loyalty and is a remainer Tory!)
 

gareth950

Member
Joined
3 Nov 2013
Messages
1,009
Maybe this thread title needs to be edited to something like 'Grayling reshuffle speculation' until the end of the day
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top