• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Grand Central passenger numbers on a Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dore & Totley

Member
Joined
3 Dec 2017
Messages
75
I am thinking of using Grand Central from Doncaster to Kings Cross on Saturday 2 November. No reservations are offered for tickets. Given I have a small child 7yo I don't really want her standing or sitting on the floor. Obviously there are no guarantees but does anyone who uses this route know how heavily it is loaded on a Saturday based on prior use? Many thanks. Matt
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Darandio

Established Member
Joined
24 Feb 2007
Messages
11,144
Location
Redcar
There is an amended timetable that day from 13:00 because of engineering work between Grantham and Retford so it won't be a normal Saturday.
 

Kite159

Veteran Member
Joined
27 Jan 2014
Messages
22,840
Location
West of Andover
Everything is likely to be rammed.

Especially the 5 coach unit Grand Central units which do tend to pick up a good custom at Doncaster.

Matt, I would probably suggest going via Sheffield and to St Pancras on EMR, they will likely be less rammed.
 

Dore & Totley

Member
Joined
3 Dec 2017
Messages
75
Thanks. Sounds like I picked a bad weekend. EMR are shut between Bedford and Market Harbrough that weekend. I think the car it is.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top