William3000
Member
As a non-native of Birmingham it has always struck me as odd that the tram stops at Grand Central and St Chad’s aren’t named New Street and Snow Hill like the stations adjacent to them. Is there a reason why they are not? Equally I understand new stops adjacent to Moor Street and Curzon Street will be named Albert Street and Millenium Point respectively.
For wayfinding and visitors to the city switching between stations, I think naming the stops after the adjacent stations would make more sense, as is done in other cities like Manchester and London. The only place where it is not is Glasgow where the stops on the subway refer to older demolished mainline stations St Enoch’s and Buchanan Street rather than Central and Queen Street.
For wayfinding and visitors to the city switching between stations, I think naming the stops after the adjacent stations would make more sense, as is done in other cities like Manchester and London. The only place where it is not is Glasgow where the stops on the subway refer to older demolished mainline stations St Enoch’s and Buchanan Street rather than Central and Queen Street.