Worf
Member
- Joined
- 12 Aug 2017
- Messages
- 162
Fined for not having a clear enough sign "Do not lean out of the window". OK, definitely too many signs on the door to be clear.
It was a tragic accident, but Mr Brown was a lifelong railway enthusiast and "first volunteered on the Bluebell steam railway in Sussex aged nine and was working as an engineering technician with Hitachi Rail Europe in Bristol." Would he really have taken notice of a larger sign? Would you or I have done?
I think as enthusiasts we are probably more likely to lean out of train windows than the general public, and we probably know better the risks involved in doing so.
Something that all heritage railways should take serious note of in this "risk conscious" age.
It was a tragic accident, but Mr Brown was a lifelong railway enthusiast and "first volunteered on the Bluebell steam railway in Sussex aged nine and was working as an engineering technician with Hitachi Rail Europe in Bristol." Would he really have taken notice of a larger sign? Would you or I have done?
I think as enthusiasts we are probably more likely to lean out of train windows than the general public, and we probably know better the risks involved in doing so.
Something that all heritage railways should take serious note of in this "risk conscious" age.