While your all arguing over whether to call them plug or electrical sockets, perhaps I should correct the above statement by pointing out that the franchise agreement actually says fitted to the additional HLOS phase 2 units or Class 442 replacement units (as applicable).
In essence, this means whatever units replace the Class 442s.
Yes, I know that. :roll:Been confirmed multiple times by insiders the 442 replacement fleet are the 387/2 orders.
Temple made reference to the Thameslink 387s which is not what the franchise agreement said, and he has respectfully acknowledged he misread it.hence Temple's post still correct.
I can see Chiltern eyeing up the 442s and putting a 67 on the front if they are released.
Hastings? Don't get my hopes up!Very unlikely, as you have to fit the 442s with the multiple working equipment to work with 67s from a cab not on the 67 itself which will be too costly and that's only part of the issues - what will likely happen is a few 442s will stay and be used on more Eastbourne/Hastings services.
Out of the entire 442 fleet, I would say about half would be scrapped with the other half kept in service.
Very unlikely, as you have to fit the 442s with the multiple working equipment to work with 67s from a cab not on the 67 itself which will be too costly and that's only part of the issues - what will likely happen is a few 442s will stay and be used on more Eastbourne/Hastings services.
Out of the entire 442 fleet, I would say about half would be scrapped with the other half kept in service.
Note one of the 313s has the FCC branding still visible though scrubbed off underneath the new logo whilst the removal of FCC on that coach has created quite an eyesore
Govia Thameslink Railway Franchise Agreement said:6.30 The Franchisee shall use reasonable endeavours to procure long term funding from Network Rail for a new facility for painting rolling stock. Subject to securing such funding by 1 January 2015, the Franchisee shall procure a new facility for painting trains by 31 December 2016.
On that note, this was included in the franchise agreement...
The doors out of use stickers that I saw on couple of 317 units last week still have FCC branding on them. (the notices that everyone ignores, try to open the doors several times & wonder why the doors are not opening then have to run through the train to get off before the doors close)
So, good luck in the car!
It certainly has been a while since you've been on a train. Hardly anyone makes phone calls these days, let alone banal ones!
I have been using the car for the past couple of years instead of FCC. Average journey time 30 minutes whereby the absolute quickest time by public transport is 55 minutes - IF it all links up.
The occasional snarl ups and grid lock on the roads are more than matched by problems on the trains. I have a seat, I don't have to endure banal phone calls or people coughing the latest batch of flu germs all over me... but most importantly of all it has given me an additional 400 hours of my life or around 16 days over the past 2 years to do with what I want to do as opposed to being crammed like a moo-ing thing on a 319.
I suppose there is luck involved in being able to park at work and I do have to give the Thameslink route it's due as you can (nearly) always get home after a night out(though still standing room only on the 01:35 last Saturday night) but commuting on it is for 'normal' lemming kind and not for us mutants.
Plus it means I can make phone calls / check dodgy on line forums on the move.![]()

Until you hit Finchley Road![]()
Id be worried if you were on a GTR service and hit Finchley Road![]()
The remains of the platforms are still there....
Some interesting shots from Manheim - Germany - Yesterday
http://www.drehscheibe-online.de/foren/read.php?4,7186822
Seems GTR aren't too happy with the interior spec. of the 700s : "...interiors are not suitable for longer distance journeys."
http://issuu.com/mortons-digital/docs/renov14-issuu
Page 8 refers.
Seems GTR aren't too happy with the interior spec. of the 700s : "...interiors are not suitable for longer distance journeys."
http://issuu.com/mortons-digital/docs/renov14-issuu
Page 8 refers.
Seems GTR aren't too happy with the interior spec. of the 700s : "...interiors are not suitable for longer distance journeys."
http://issuu.com/mortons-digital/docs/renov14-issuu
Page 8 refers.