• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Google Maps style rail maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vidal

Member
Joined
23 Feb 2017
Messages
140
Location
Bolton
I've been using the excellent Rail Miles app as well as RealTime Trains. I wonder if there is anyway to hybridise these and incorporate a highlighted rail route onto a map?

Google maps will highlight the current route so it can be seen in the context of the local area. I think it would be useful (and interesting) to see the routes taken in a pictorial view.

I'm sure one of the boffins could link the maps API to one of the rail timetable applications. Thoughts?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top