• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Good time to photograph Class 60's at Water Orton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
29 May 2011
Messages
90
Location
Coventry
Hello,

Im just wondering if anyone would happen to know when would be the best time to photograph class 60's coming through Water Orton.

Monday- Friday

I have caught a 60 coming through Nuneaton and I think I read somewhere that they operate a Tank Diagram almost daily.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Joseph Bevan
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Freightmaster

Verified Rep
Joined
7 Jul 2009
Messages
4,523
I think I read somewhere that they operate a Tank Diagram almost daily.
Correct - 6V98 empty tanks from Westerleigh to Lindsey.

If running on time, it should pass Water Orton around 14:45 eastbound,
and usually takes the 'direct' route to Tamworth via Lea Marston.


(If you can afford £19, Freightmaster Online provides timetables
for Water Orton, Nuneaton, Tamworth and Walsall...)



MARK
 

Ferret

Established Member
Joined
22 Jan 2009
Messages
4,131
Correct - 6V98 empty tanks from Westerleigh to Lindsey.

If running on time, it should pass Water Orton around 14:45 eastbound,
and usually takes the 'direct' route to Tamworth via Lea Marston.


(If you can afford £19, Freightmaster Online provides timetables
for Water Orton, Nuneaton, Tamworth and Walsall...)



MARK

In addition, 6M82 Walsall-Tunstead seems to be a 60 now and then, passes Water Orton at around 1300. 60011 did the honours on Monday! Also the Saturday evening Lindsey-Colnbrook is a regular 60 turn.
 
Joined
29 May 2011
Messages
90
Location
Coventry
Thank you very much, I am considering Freightmaster however i'm still unsure as to how much I will use it.

I'll probably get down to Water Orton at some point this week and try to see the 60.

And also thank you, I shall be looking out for other places I can see 60s in action

Joseph
 

Freightmaster

Verified Rep
Joined
7 Jul 2009
Messages
4,523
Also the Saturday evening Lindsey-Colnbrook is a regular 60 turn.
Just remember that particular train only runs fortnightly,
so if you know it has run one Saturday, don't bother looking
for it the following weekend!

MARK
 

96tommy

Member
Joined
18 May 2010
Messages
1,076
Location
London
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8435/7833335978_70d90f0aa3_z.jpg

Got this photo of 60040 on Tuesday at Water Orton on Tuesday.

If it is photos your after on your trip there, I recommend the green footbridge (where this photo was taken from). It is great for stuff travelling to Birmingham as 2 junctions meet here. The only thing is, trains coming from the Birmingham direction "creep" up on you from under the road bridge. I sat down on the footbridge, as you can see under the road bridge and stuff coming towards you so you have time too get ready.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top