• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Good places between Swindon and Bristol parkway ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trainmania100

Established Member
Joined
8 Nov 2015
Messages
3,040
Location
Newhaven
Can anyone recommend any decent positions along this line , ideally for westbound freights. Tempted to cop the theale to margam tanks at some point and I'd like to do it lineside.

Not much on trainspots that isn't 10+ years old, and with overhead wires now best method is to ask like-minded individuals

I've seen a few bridges like west Portal of Old Sodbury tunnel there's a bridge, but has anyone got any suggestions , ideally lineside or blend of lineside and bridge whichever thanks

Has anyone tried fosse way bridge ? Looks quite good through the railings looking Easterly
 
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

lightning76

Member
Joined
27 Aug 2009
Messages
103
Location
Leighton Buzzard
That bridge was closed off when I walked from Blagrove to Mannington a couple of weeks ago. Not sure for how long, I didn't stop to read the notice.
 

Western Sunset

Established Member
Joined
23 Dec 2014
Messages
3,062
Location
Wimborne, Dorset
I thought the Theale - Robeston tanks now go via the Berks & Hants line, then through Bradford-on-Avon to Bath and up Filton Bank. Or am I thinking of something else?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top