syorksdeano
Member
- Joined
- 7 Jan 2011
- Messages
- 780
Well as of March/April of this year I have locked horns with Northern for something that should never have happened.
In December 2013 I received a letter from Northern that I had travelled on a train without a valid ticket.
Anyway a few calls and emails followed then I received a letter in January 2014 that the case was closed and that was the end of the matter.....
Fast forward to April and I get a SUMMONS to appear at Barnsley Magistrates Court for travelling without a ticket.
I quickly got in touch with Northern asking what the hell was going on, and didn't really get much of a reply.
Anyway come court date and Northern asked for the case to be dismissed as it should never have been brought to court.
I then contacted customer relations for an apology, after all I thought I was owed one. I didn't want any compensation just an apology.
Anyway the apology from Northern was like trying to build a train with sawdust....
So I finally bit the bullet and emailed the managing director.
He was disgusted.
Disgusted by the fact that no one had bothered to contact me, and even more disgusted that it had even gone to court.
As a result we agreed to £100 compensation AND 3 weeks travel for 2 anywhere on the Northern Rail Network.
Better still if I am starting a journey on Northern Rail and my journey finishes with another train operating company they will pay for them tickets.
For example of I got the train at say Saltaire and wanted to go to London, they will pay from Doncaster to London.
I make the journey once or for every day for 3 weeks it doesn't matter, as long as I inform them.
Would anyone disagree that's not the best compensation?
In December 2013 I received a letter from Northern that I had travelled on a train without a valid ticket.
Anyway a few calls and emails followed then I received a letter in January 2014 that the case was closed and that was the end of the matter.....
Fast forward to April and I get a SUMMONS to appear at Barnsley Magistrates Court for travelling without a ticket.
I quickly got in touch with Northern asking what the hell was going on, and didn't really get much of a reply.
Anyway come court date and Northern asked for the case to be dismissed as it should never have been brought to court.
I then contacted customer relations for an apology, after all I thought I was owed one. I didn't want any compensation just an apology.
Anyway the apology from Northern was like trying to build a train with sawdust....
So I finally bit the bullet and emailed the managing director.
He was disgusted.
Disgusted by the fact that no one had bothered to contact me, and even more disgusted that it had even gone to court.
As a result we agreed to £100 compensation AND 3 weeks travel for 2 anywhere on the Northern Rail Network.
Better still if I am starting a journey on Northern Rail and my journey finishes with another train operating company they will pay for them tickets.
For example of I got the train at say Saltaire and wanted to go to London, they will pay from Doncaster to London.
I make the journey once or for every day for 3 weeks it doesn't matter, as long as I inform them.
Would anyone disagree that's not the best compensation?