• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Going across a level crossing with a long slow vehicle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toots

Member
Joined
24 Oct 2009
Messages
275
I've read all the responses, which have been very helpful. My initial thoughts WERE to ring the 01904 number, purely as a courtesy, but taking the advice of the railway professionals who have replied, I will just trundle across. My road train is going to be shorter anyway, due to the lack of availability of the Landrover tomorrow, which is when I'll be crossing.

Take it from me,that is the correct approach you are adopting,your safety is not an issue at a CCTV crossing in practical terms,a train will not approach without a proceed signal ,and that train will not do that until the crossing is clear of passengers and vehicles, and before anyone says it,this is backed up by safety devices,T/Cs etc.The railway stuff,ie delays and the like,are our problem not yours,as I've said before,if you are required (or need) to ring the signalman with a large or slow moving vehicle,there will be a notice to this effect,if there isn't one you don't need to call anyone.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top