• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Go South Coast

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

baza585

Member
Joined
1 Aug 2010
Messages
725
Are the bluestar 1530-4 in Lymington Depot still Bluestar or are they part of morebus' fleet?
They are Go South Coast buses in Bluestar livery. They are still operating from Lymington, mainly but not exclusively on schools. I think Lymington is still managed from Poole rather than Southampton as far as I know. Hope this helps.
 
Joined
29 Nov 2025
Messages
16
Location
Poole
They are Go South Coast buses in Bluestar livery. They are still operating from Lymington, mainly but not exclusively on schools. I think Lymington is still managed from Poole rather than Southampton as far as I know. Hope this helps.
Was just wondering if these will ever get put into New Forest Breezer livery
 

Gc1986

Member
Joined
22 Aug 2020
Messages
24
Location
SWINDON
Ah that’s a hell of a shame, I was hoping they might see a few more years yet. Proper heavyweight single deckers are becoming a rarity, far superior to awful rattling Darts. Meh.
Makes sense about the trainers upgrades as they are all at least 20 years old. But shame to lose them from service at 14 years old.
 

Towers

Established Member
Joined
30 Aug 2021
Messages
3,008
Location
UK
Makes sense about the trainers upgrades as they are all at least 20 years old. But shame to lose them from service at 14 years old.
I count 36 on the fleet (according to the Bustimes.org fleetlist!), so losing 10 of them is a shame but, for the time being at least, I suppose that still leaves a fair few in service. Rather surprised the Omnicity’s aren’t going first, they’re getting positively ancient - I suppose being deckers they’re considered more worth retaining.
 

Top