• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GN Super Off-Peak Single with 16-25 Railcard

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDavibob

Member
Joined
10 Oct 2016
Messages
431
A friend was travelling from Kings Cross to Cambridge this afternoon. She tried to purchase a super off-peak single from the LNER ticket machines, and add her 16-25 railcard to it, but when she tried it gave "no fares found" or similar (it was happy to offer the full-price ticket). I can't see any reason for it to be problematic: is this something that should be flagged up?

In the end she bought a full whack ticket (there was a queue building up). She's not worried about the extra cost, but I thought I should mention the problem on here.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
27 Apr 2011
Messages
18,153
I’ve just passed through KGX so checked it out. It gives the discount although the user interface on the TVM isn’t the best, imo
 

TheDavibob

Member
Joined
10 Oct 2016
Messages
431
I’ve just passed through KGX so checked it out. It gives the discount although the user interface on the TVM isn’t the best, imo

Cool, ta. Yeah, she complained it was searching for fares for a while, so could have been some connection/server issue. She complained about the interface too (mainly having to go to the end of the Railcard list). Thanks for checking it's not a permanent thing, anyway.
 

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
27 Apr 2011
Messages
18,153
What did surprise me is the last railcard in the list and you have to scroll through 3 pages to get to it. I suspect the list is sorted by the 3 letter code - YNG being the code for the 16-25 railcard. I also noticed that disabled child was first which has the code DIC.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top