• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Glastonbury 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gathursty

Established Member
Joined
31 May 2011
Messages
2,651
Location
Wigan
No other thread about it on here :(

From what I've seen on the BBC, Portishead, Noah & The Whale and The Arctic Monkeys were amazing. Anyone looking forward to the Stones tonight? :D
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tracked

Established Member
Joined
30 May 2011
Messages
1,341
Location
53.5440°N 1.1510°W
looking forward to the Stones, Arctic Monkeys rocked somewhat last night, and loved Elvis Costello's set on the BBC stream this evening (Tramp the Dirt Down & Shipbuilding were highlights in a sense).

watching Ben Howard at the moment, erm :|
 

Johnuk123

Established Member
Joined
19 Mar 2012
Messages
2,800
I have been to Glastonbury twice in 1995 and 1999 and it's absolutely fantastic.
You have no idea how massive it is till you're there.
 

chris89

Established Member
Joined
21 Dec 2009
Messages
1,371
Location
Somewhere
Never been fussed with it tbh.

When lived in the area could easily see the fireworks and feel the bass from Pilton though.

Chris
 

SS4

Established Member
Joined
30 Jan 2011
Messages
8,589
Location
Birmingham
Couldn't care less, not my sort of thing tbh. I'd rather go to download
 

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Joined
6 Aug 2009
Messages
44,376
Location
Yorks
Always fancied it myself but never managed it.

As for wall to wall coverage, at least its a lot more interesting than Wimbledon (though it was bizarre hearing the Today programme broadcasting live from there !)
 
Last edited:

Tracked

Established Member
Joined
30 May 2011
Messages
1,341
Location
53.5440°N 1.1510°W
not so keen on yesterday, Mumford and Sons (Wurzels) and The XX (thought were sound-checking) as stage headliners? Kenny Rogers upstaged them both :|
 

90sWereBetter

Member
Joined
13 Nov 2012
Messages
1,046
Location
Lost somewhere within Bank-Monument tube station,
Arctic Monkeys were absolutely fantastic on the Friday, easily the best British band of the last 10 years, but the Stones blew them out of the water. I was shocked to see just animated Mick Jagger still is on stage, and equally shocked how Keith Richards still defies medical science with his continued existence. :p

Other bands that I watched on the stream that I was impressed with include The Courteeners (whose new album is the best thing released this year so far IMO), The Strypes (Irish rock n roll band, whose members are all younger than me. :|), and the Haim sisters with the 1500 sets they performed over the weekend. I caught a little of the Editor's set on Sunday night, and they were pretty good as well.

I thought Mumfords were bloody awful, as were Foals, and the XX as well. And the popularity of Bastille and Enter Shikari, the two worst bands to have come out of this country in the last decade defies belief. :|

I so wish I could have been there this year. Ah well, maybe next year.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top