• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Glasgow to Peterborough

Status
Not open for further replies.

flatly

Member
Joined
27 Feb 2017
Messages
6
Does anyone have any suggestions for splitting a trip from Glasgow to Peterborough on Friday Afternoon. Not getting to Peterborough any later than 11pm.
The cheapest is showing as £51.50 for the 17:15 from Glasgow, but I'd prefer an earlier train (and ideally cheaper). Any suggestions? (not that it's /that/ expensive given the bus is apparently £71 and takes over 13hrs!)
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
27 Apr 2011
Messages
18,153
Try trainsplit but I doubt you'll get it much cheaper at given the short notice. Also worth comparing prices via the ECML with those via the WCML. The ECML and ECML are expensive pieces of railway.
 

Romilly

Established Member
Joined
5 Nov 2013
Messages
1,712
I agree. I can't see anything cheaper except by using the service that arrives in Peterborough at 11.46pm.
 

xotGD

Established Member
Joined
4 Feb 2017
Messages
7,880
Trans Pennine Express to Manchester, then East Midlands Trains forward?
 

soil

Established Member
Joined
28 May 2012
Messages
2,311
15:40 Glasgow to Preston 17:55 £21 advance
18:37 preston to pbo (22:14) via Leeds £22.50 advance
 

flatly

Member
Joined
27 Feb 2017
Messages
6
Thanks for the suggestions. I went with the one from soil.
But it got weird when I was trying to buy them. I'm purchasing from virgin trains east coast.

Journey:
Preston (lancs) to peterborough
Friday 3rd March

Shows the 18:17, and the 18:47 only.
Even with "via Leeds" set.

I had to use "Avoid Manchester" to get the 18:37 to appear, despite this clearly being a superior journey time (shorter), changes (1 rather than 2), and price wise (well, ok, that's a loss for them!).

But for extra weirdness - the 18:37 costs £33 on the National Rail site. But on Virgin trains East coast it only ended up costing me £21.80!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top