ayrshire_voyager
Member
- Joined
- 16 Nov 2009
- Messages
- 74
Can any of the experts on here assist in getting cheap 1st class from glasgow to london on 6th July, prefer to travel before 11 am
Presume no railcards, 1 person, and you just want one way?
Easily the cheapest option is to go via East Coast - £54.30 on the 06:50, but that gets you in at 12:46.
It costs £90 on the 06:30, getting you in at 11:12. That's the cheapest through ticket with Virgin.
For £130 you can use the sleeper, departing Glasgow at 23:40, arriving at 06:43. They let you stay in your room till 08:00. This is the cheapest through ticket that gets you in before 11:00.
I'll have a quick look at splits but I doubt there'll be much...
I don't think you'll get much better than £61 first class advance
That is for the East Coast 6:50 from Glasgow arriving into Kings Cross at 12:45
I sometimes travel to London changing at Preston and Manchester
This does add an hour to your journey, but can save you well into £100 on Advance First Class fares
Equally, you can get two breakfasts if you leave before 10:00 from Manchester!
The best option for this journey will be to fly with ba via Gatwick, No first class but still the best option,
It's rather difficult to enjoy a Class 390 whilst on a plane...The best option for this journey will be to fly with ba via Gatwick, No first class but still the best option