• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Glasgow to Aberdeen: return itinerary no longer exists

Status
Not open for further replies.

ld0595

Member
Joined
1 Aug 2014
Messages
672
Location
Glasgow
Before the industrial action started and temporary timetable was implemented, I purchased advance tickets between Glasgow and Aberdeen, travelling this Thursday and returning on Sunday 11th August.

My journey up to Aberdeen is unaffected by the industrial action, however my return to Glasgow no longer exists. I'm considering just driving since I don't fancy being stuck in Aberdeen for several hours with my luggage and then spending 3 hours on a crowded 3 coach Turbostar back to the Central Belt. The 15:30 was a last minute cancellation/timetable change today, leaving a 6 hour gap between services to Glasgow! I'd then miss the last train to Cathcart which is helpfully at 19:25...

Is there any chance of getting a full refund if I decide not to travel?

The journey was booked directly through Scotrail which automatically split my tickets. Normally this would be great, however if the £10 fee was applied to each ticket individually, I'd get nothing back whatsoever. I don't really want to write it off since driving and parking will be much more expensive.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

northscots

Member
Joined
30 Dec 2023
Messages
95
Location
Inverness
I know this may be better suited in the Fares section, though I thought I'd ask here to avoid making a completely new thread.

Before the industrial action started and temporary timetable was implemented, I purchased advance tickets between Glasgow and Aberdeen, travelling this Thursday and returning on Sunday 11th August.

My journey up to Aberdeen is unaffected by the industrial action, however my return to Glasgow no longer exists. I'm considering just driving since I don't fancy being stuck in Aberdeen for several hours with my luggage and then spending 3 hours on a crowded 3 coach Turbostar back to the Central Belt. The 15:30 was a last minute cancellation/timetable change today, leaving a 6 hour gap between services to Glasgow! I'd then miss the last train to Cathcart which is helpfully at 19:25...

Is there any chance of getting a full refund if I decide not to travel?

The journey was booked directly through Scotrail which automatically split my tickets. Normally this would be great, however if the £10 fee was applied to each ticket individually, I'd get nothing back whatsoever. I don't really want to write it off since driving and parking will be much more expensive.
Services in and out of Aberdeen have been pretty reliable until today.

There's an online form for getting a refund without paying the admin fee. Pretty sure it's on the website or have a look at ScotRail's twitter, they've been posting the link fairly regularly.
 

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
78,487
Location
Yorkshire
The journey was booked directly through Scotrail which automatically split my tickets. Normally this would be great, however if the £10 fee was applied to each ticket individually, I'd get nothing back whatsoever. I don't really want to write it off since driving and parking will be much more expensive.
If the reason for the refund request is a delay or cancellation, and you choose not to travel, you are entitled to a full refund, with no fee

For future reference, fees for changes/refunds under other circumstances where fees do apply, are only charged on the basis of the entire booking, if you book with us.
 

Scotrail84

On Moderation
Joined
5 Jul 2010
Messages
2,977
Before the industrial action started and temporary timetable was implemented, I purchased advance tickets between Glasgow and Aberdeen, travelling this Thursday and returning on Sunday 11th August.

My journey up to Aberdeen is unaffected by the industrial action, however my return to Glasgow no longer exists. I'm considering just driving since I don't fancy being stuck in Aberdeen for several hours with my luggage and then spending 3 hours on a crowded 3 coach Turbostar back to the Central Belt. The 15:30 was a last minute cancellation/timetable change today, leaving a 6 hour gap between services to Glasgow! I'd then miss the last train to Cathcart which is helpfully at 19:25...

Is there any chance of getting a full refund if I decide not to travel?

The journey was booked directly through Scotrail which automatically split my tickets. Normally this would be great, however if the £10 fee was applied to each ticket individually, I'd get nothing back whatsoever. I don't really want to write it off since driving and parking will be much more expensive.
Only the first 2 Glasgow departures were 3 car turbos.

The 14:45 was a 4 car 158 and the 19:46 was a 6 car turbo. Interestingly there have been HSTs going back and forwards to Inverness from Aberdeen today but none it seems, were booked to work to Glasgow, or Edinburgh. I find that bizarre.

Could you not go down to Edinburgh then across to Glasgow on an E and G?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top