Alicatt
Member
Thanks for sharing your videos, I use Queen Street a lot when I'm back home and I was wondering how the works were going.
Glad I found this site today
Alistair
Glad I found this site today

Alistair

Thanks for sharing your videos, I use Queen Street a lot when I'm back home and I was wondering how the works were going.
Glad I found this site today
Alistair
Queen Street Works videos are now all accessible at the one link: vimeo.com/album/3924767
Previous individual links should still work.
Another update showing the latest progress up to 28th April has been uploaded this morning: https://vimeo.com/164683517
Was that some duo camera work or clever editing?That's the correct one quoted above now.
Was that some duo camera work or clever editing?
Thanks for all your videos Pax, very good stuff.
Some new photos available from Network Rail on Twitter as well:
https://twitter.com/NetworkRailGQS
40 days of the project gone. 100 to go.
![]()
Very pleasing to see some of the actual track slab foundation going in. Feels like progress is happening.
For anyone interested there is now a viewing area cut out the hoarding to see what's going on. Near the toilets.

Yet another case of no news being good news.This thread will only leap into life if something goes disastrously wrong. So long as it proceeds fairly efficiently we'll all sit here in silence ��.
Thanks for that - I'll give it a try:
[vimeo]http://www.vimeo.com/164169513[/vimeo]
Aah - doesn't seem to work. I'll try to find out more about it.
The forum doesn't seem to have the vimeo tag... The youtube tag on other bbforums just has the code and not the URL between the tags.
I just copied and 'paste and go' and it worked OK, thanks.The forum doesn't seem to have the vimeo tag... The youtube tag on other bbforums just has the code and not the URL between the tags.
Thanks for signing up to receive updates about the enhancements being carried out in Glasgow Queen Street tunnel through ScotRail Golden Ticket. The £60m renovation project has really started to gather pace, and engineers are on site around-the-clock. In fact, when the tunnel reopens in August, our team will have worked more than half a million hours to renew 1,800m of concrete slab track and install more than 4,000m of new rails.
Thank you for bearing with us during this time. The work we're carrying out in the tunnel, combined with the electrification of key routes and the wider redevelopment of Queen Street station, will deliver significant and ongoing benefits for you for decades to come such as faster, longer and greener trains.
Look out for more exciting prizes coming up in the next few months – you could be the lucky winner of a weekend in New York or a Raymond Weil watch.
See the work that has been complete (sic) in the infographic below:
I would have expected so, but that looks like an electrification thingy at the crown of the tunnel mouth in the last picture.So pardon my ignorance -when do the electrification thingys go in - are they last of all?
I would have expected so, but that looks like an electrification thingy at the crown of the tunnel mouth in the last picture.
Wouldnt surprise me if they finish early on this one
I really hope so - NR and the electrification programme have had some bad press so anything of that nature would be a real boost.
NetworkRailGQS @NetworkRailGQS
Work behind scaffolds on East & West sides is for gantry brackets. Signal gantry will span width of Stn #QSTunnel
So pardon my ignorance -when do the electrification thingys go in - are they last of all?
Given the green crane in use (see video 7) I would have thought it would be one of the last things overwise it makes the loading and unloading equipment and materials from the bridge more difficult and it would become another obstacle to be avoided.
The bits that can be fitted will be. Long way to go yet though before any wiring. The platforms need to be extended first.
So pardon my ignorance -when do the electrification thingys go in - are they last of all?
Will the station itself be electrified while the tunnel is closed?
https://twitter.com/NetworkRailGQS/status/720341259521499136Conductor bar electrification system will be installed through #QSTunnel during this work. Also electrification in station
https://twitter.com/NetworkRailGQS/status/731026303382654977We'll use conductor bar system to electrify through #QSTunnel It & #EGIP pltfm extensions will be during this work