• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Glasgow, Ayr & Milngavie 12th April 2010,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill EWS

Member
Joined
10 Feb 2006
Messages
673
Location
Didcot
While having a weekend in Glasgow I managed a day out on the electric services to Ayr, stopping off at Troon and Irvine. I only took train photos at Ayr as there wasn't much to see at the latter two station but did miss an EWS Class 66 on a coal trip as it passed our unit. After returning to Glasgow and as it was still early and reqally beautiful day I also took a trip to Milngavie. I had not been to these places before and it made for an interesting and enjoyable day out.

I liked Ayr but Troon and Irvine didn't seem to have much going for them although Irvine has quite a busy shopping center. Milngavie i.e. Mull-Guy, is a small and very pleasantly clean town. I was very impressed with their train services. However. Here is my Fotopix link to the few train photos that I got.

http://billreid678.fotopic.net/c1844367.html

Cheers.

BillEWS.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top