• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Giving wrong boarding destination to inspector issuing fine PLS HELP :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

smithyboi

New Member
Joined
2 Jun 2025
Messages
4
Location
mk
Hi need advice

Got given a fine for not having a ticket on platform at station gave all the correct details apart from where I got on the train , I’ve paid the fine online already however I’m worried if they look into it they’ll know I didn’t get on where I said I did will they investigate even if I paid straight away ,, what should I do or am I overthinking
 
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

alholmes

Member
Joined
4 Jun 2012
Messages
477
Location
London E3
You might be overthinking, but we need more information to be able to advise.

What train operating company stopped you? At which station? What ticket did you hold? Was it a fine, or a penalty fare? What was wrong with your ticket - why were you stopped?
 

smithyboi

New Member
Joined
2 Jun 2025
Messages
4
Location
mk
West Midlands train , at Leighton buzzard I had no ticket and there was inspectors at the platform checking at the exits , they gave me a pentaly fare notice which I have paid

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

You might be overthinking, but we need more information to be able to advise.

What train operating company stopped you? At which station? What ticket did you hold? Was it a fine, or a penalty fare? What was wrong with your ticket - why were you stopped?
Ps thank u for replying :)
 

alholmes

Member
Joined
4 Jun 2012
Messages
477
Location
London E3
If you’ve paid the penalty fare that’s probably the end of it. Assuming you didn’t show them any ticketing app then they haven’t really got much to investigate from.

But your details are in their system now. They may not be as generous if there’s another incident.
 

smithyboi

New Member
Joined
2 Jun 2025
Messages
4
Location
mk
They scanned the ticket that I panicked brought from train line however I have not purchased a ticket on Trainline in months

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

If you’ve paid the penalty fare that’s probably the end of it. Assuming you didn’t show them any ticketing app then they haven’t really got much to investigate from.

But your details are in their system now. They may not be as generous if there’s another incident.
They scanned the ticket that I panicked brought from train line however I have not purchased a ticket on Trainline in months
 

alholmes

Member
Joined
4 Jun 2012
Messages
477
Location
London E3
That scan could enable them to start an investigation… if they were to look at your Trainline account are they likely to find older journeys that look a bit suspect?

If they do contact you in future about it, come back to this forum first for further advice. Don’t reply or even acknowledge any letter or email without seeking advice first.
 

smithyboi

New Member
Joined
2 Jun 2025
Messages
4
Location
mk
That scan could enable them to start an investigation… if they were to look at your Trainline account are they likely to find older journeys that look a bit suspect?

If they do contact you in future about it, come back to this forum first for further advice. Don’t reply or even acknowledge any letter or email without seeking advice first.
The only sus thing on my Trainline is 2 refunded journeys that were years ago thank you for the advice really appreciate it bro !
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top