• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Given a Time Machine, What Would You Tell Your Former Self?

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnychips

Established Member
Joined
19 Nov 2011
Messages
3,826
Location
Leeds
If you have a dream about falling off a cliff, don’t go and try to climb that cliff the next day.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

styles

Established Member
Joined
7 Dec 2014
Messages
4,917
Location
Gwynedd
Get a job in the outdoors, not software engineering.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Same here. I believe my words were “I’m not wasting £8 on that rubbish”.

I’d be mortgage free and some.
Pal of mine mined it, didn't spend a penny on it. Roll on a few years, he paid off his mortgage, spends around a quarter of the year travelling to expensive places, even pays for his wife (who of course is a stunner) to take unpaid leave from her job to go on the holidays.

Great lad, always has been, and nice to see someone do well.

But it doesn't half make you regret brushing that Bitcoin mining thing off as a fad those few years ago! :D
 

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Joined
7 Apr 2010
Messages
34,296
I wonder, if there really were time machines, if they‘d be fully booked by people going back to renew their railcards?
 

vuzzeho

Member
Joined
11 Apr 2022
Messages
667
Location
London
I'd tell my teenage self that I already know what I am. Don't waste your time trying to deny it. Also buy bitcoin
 

GusB

Established Member
Joined
9 Jul 2016
Messages
8,160
Location
Elginshire
I'd tell myself that no matter how nice Tequila Rose tastes, it's not going to end well... :D
 

GatwickDepress

Established Member
Joined
14 Jan 2013
Messages
2,588
Location
Leeds
Don't take a gamble on those reduced prawns. The only one who benefits in that situation is Andrex.
 

TheTTTEGeek

Member
Joined
7 Dec 2024
Messages
53
Location
Canada
That I'd be eventually studying (albeit amateurishly) Koine Greek, Hebrew & Aramaic to get a further understanding of the Triune God's word. While I knew that those were the original languages my love for etymology (study of words) had yet to fully mature to the point it is now.
 

Smidster

Member
Joined
23 Oct 2014
Messages
587
Try harder to do things so that you don't look back and realise you have wasted your life and all of the opportunities you had.

Nothing worse than reaching a certain point and knowing you have nothing, and more importantly no-one, to show for it and will never have any of the experiences / feelings that matter most when you appreciate that the daily ritual of staring at monitors for hours for money is a complete waste of time.
 

najaB

Veteran Member
Joined
28 Aug 2011
Messages
33,714
Location
Scotland
Try harder to do things so that you don't look back and realise you have wasted your life and all of the opportunities you had.

Nothing worse than reaching a certain point and knowing you have nothing, and more importantly no-one, to show for it and will never have any of the experiences / feelings that matter most when you appreciate that the daily ritual of staring at monitors for hours for money is a complete waste of time.
There will never be a better time to start changing than right now. And that's both general and specific advice.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top