• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Getting from Rochdale station/town centre to Spotland?

Status
Not open for further replies.

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
Joined
18 Dec 2012
Messages
19,373
Location
Yorkshire
I'll be attending tomorrow's FA Cup match between Rochdale and Huddersfield, in a group of three. I was wondering if anyone could help with getting from the station to the football ground? Based on Google maps I can see there's a bus route that passes fairly close to the ground, but TfGM's website (when on mobile at least) makes me appreciate Metro's journey planner- something I never thought I'd say!

So I was hoping someone may be able to tell me which route I need, how frequent they are and where to catch it (If in the town centre, is it worth using the tram too?) Fares would be a bonus, though one of our group has an ENCTS pass. Of course a minicab is also an option but I'd prefer the bus on principle if it's do-able. Any help will be much appreciated!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Segedunum

Established Member
Associate Staff
International Transport
Joined
22 Dec 2013
Messages
4,758
Location
Up North
Google Maps suggests catching the 468 to the Stadium/Sandy Lane.

There are however other services, being the 438/443/467 which stop near the stadium (Rooley Moor Road/Spotland Bridge). The 468 appears to be run by Rosso.

The 468 leaves Interchange at 00 and 30 mins past the hour and takes around 7 minutes. Indeed it would be worth catching the tram up the road to the Town Centre it seems.

As for fares, a Rosso Day saver is £4 or a System one letting you jump on the tram and bus is £6.70. I'd imagine however that single fares might be more economical considering the short hops involved.
 
Last edited:

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
Joined
18 Dec 2012
Messages
19,373
Location
Yorkshire
Google Maps suggests catching the 468 to the Stadium/Sandy Lane.

There are however other services, being the 438/443/467 which stop near the stadium (Rooley Moor Road/Spotland Bridge). The 468 appears to be run by Rosso.

The 468 leaves Interchange at 00 and 30 mins past the hour and takes around 7 minutes. Indeed it would be worth catching the tram up the road to the Town Centre it seems.

As for fares, a Rosso Day saver is £4 or a System one letting you jump on the tram and bus is £6.70. I'd imagine however that single fares might be more economical considering the short hops involved.

Cheers for that! Looking at those fares, as there's three of us a minicab might be the best option. Two of us will need full fares and one will be free on the bus. What's the Metrolink policy on ENCTS passes from outside GM?

Just looked it up, no discounts apparently. Looks like a taxi will be best, especially as we can arrange collection after the game too.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top