• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Getting an Oyster missed touch refund - visiting London

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kahuna47

Member
Joined
13 Sep 2017
Messages
112
Afternoon everyone,

Last week I visited London with my family in tow, doing lots of sightseeing etc.

On our last day we travelled from Bond Street - Paddington (officially to see the Paddington statue, but really I wanted a quick trip on the Elizabeth Line!), then onwards to Hammersmith (H+C station) and our hotel. Then packed up and came home to Manchester.

I checked the TfL Go app and found I've been stuck with a Missing Touch payment, and now my card is in minus credit. When I've looked into it it looks like it's missed a touch at Paddington H+C station (my wife's Oyster is registered to my account so I can see what's gone wrong).

I've been onto the TfL online account and it looks pretty straightforward to claim the missing touch payment and get it loaded onto my Oyster card.

However, the problem is I'm in Manchester now, and not visiting London for another 12 months!

Is there anything I can do to claim it back to my bank card? Is it a case of ringing TfL or is there something I can do?

Any help would be massively appreciated.

Cheers!

K
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Joined
8 Jan 2009
Messages
17,295
Does this TfL weblink potentially help... Presume you can access it from Manchester. Or maybe ring 0343 222 1234.

 
Last edited by a moderator:

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
15 Jun 2010
Messages
8,582
Location
Crayford
Ring the TfL helpline (see above post) and request a refund to your bank because you won't be in London in the near future.
 

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
27 Apr 2011
Messages
18,153
Unless you've got a railcard linked to your Oyster card, it's probably best to use contactless rather than Oyster when you next visit.
 

Miken

Member
Joined
13 Nov 2011
Messages
77
Location
Wigan
I've had this happen before now and calling the TFL helpline got the missing touch restored. The only snag was a fairly long wait for the call to be answered and the agent took quite a while (seemingly to my anyway) to sort it out...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top