thaitransit
Member
I have been a member on this site for a few years now. I mainly post about south east asian railways and mass transit. I considering a trip to the uk in either 2013 or 2014. I have never been to the uk before. I have a few questions about rail travel in the uk.
1. Are overnight sleepers available on most long distant trains after 7pm? Eg london to preston
2. Is first class sleeper airconditioned on all services. There is nothing worse than track noise all night from an open window. And a very hot sticky sleep in 30 c overnight heat.
3. Are there wide first class seats available on longdistance day time trains?
4. Are there sit down style toilets available on all trains including non aircon rail cars?
5. Are 2nd class seats on short distance trains airconditioned and comfortable or tight for seat space?
I hope someone can give me some friendly advise on this.
1. Are overnight sleepers available on most long distant trains after 7pm? Eg london to preston
2. Is first class sleeper airconditioned on all services. There is nothing worse than track noise all night from an open window. And a very hot sticky sleep in 30 c overnight heat.
3. Are there wide first class seats available on longdistance day time trains?
4. Are there sit down style toilets available on all trains including non aircon rail cars?
5. Are 2nd class seats on short distance trains airconditioned and comfortable or tight for seat space?
I hope someone can give me some friendly advise on this.
