• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

General Election 2017: The Results and Aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blindtraveler

Established Member
Joined
28 Feb 2011
Messages
10,544
First SNP loss, I wonder how many more theresl be?
Rutherglen interesting seeing as Glasgow and surrounding ditched labour big time in the local elections.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

backontrack

Established Member
Joined
2 Feb 2014
Messages
6,399
Location
The UK
Wigan

Labour hold


Edinburgh South

Labour hold
with a big increase


Nick Clegg has gone.
 
Last edited:

Blindtraveler

Established Member
Joined
28 Feb 2011
Messages
10,544
Glad Edinburgh South held. Not my seat but the poor chap has had a lousy time during the campaign and I really thought he would lose


Nick Cleg thoug!!!!!
 

backontrack

Established Member
Joined
2 Feb 2014
Messages
6,399
Location
The UK
Broxtowe and Stockton South could both switch to Labour, so curtains for Anna Soubry and James Wharton.

Bermondsey & Old Southwark looks to have been held.

Strangford

DUP hold
 

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Joined
15 Apr 2016
Messages
18,940
Location
Devon
I'm finding it difficult to go to bed. I know I should but this is getting interesting...
 

backontrack

Established Member
Joined
2 Feb 2014
Messages
6,399
Location
The UK
Paisley & Renfrewshire South

SNP: 16,964

Mhairi Black keeps her seat.

"ya talk s***e hen"
 

backontrack

Established Member
Joined
2 Feb 2014
Messages
6,399
Location
The UK
West Bromwich East

Labour hold
for Tom Watson, which is good to see :D

Chelmsford

Conservative hold
 

me123

Established Member
Joined
9 Jul 2007
Messages
8,510
Paisley & Renfrewshire South

SNP: 16,964

Mhairi Black keeps her seat.

"ya talk s***e hen"

I think Ms Black is brilliant. One to watch for the future. Glad to see she's returning to parliament.

Pleased to hear that Vale of Clwyd is possibly going Red. I had thought the Tories would have increased their margin here based on the demographic (generally older) but hopefully that smug James Davies (whose face I drive past no fewer than 50 times en route to my work) will be shown the door.
 

backontrack

Established Member
Joined
2 Feb 2014
Messages
6,399
Location
The UK
Montgomeryshire

Conservative hold


Talk of Canterbury going Labour. That's my constituency. If that happens, I am going to be so happy.

I think Ms Black is brilliant. One to watch for the future. Glad to see she's returning to parliament.

Pleased to hear that Vale of Clwyd is possibly going Red. I had thought the Tories would have increased their margin here based on the demographic (generally older) but hopefully that smug James Davies (whose face I drive past no fewer than 50 times en route to my work) will be shown the door.

Agreed.

Kilmarnock & Loudoun

SNP hold
 

backontrack

Established Member
Joined
2 Feb 2014
Messages
6,399
Location
The UK
Vale of Clwyd

Conservative: 17,044
Labour: 19,423
Plaid Cymru: 1,551
Liberal Democrats: 666

Labour gain


+12% for Labour

3.4% swing from Conservative to Labour


Burnley

Labour hold



Dover

Conservative hold
, not boding well for my hopes of getting Brazier out


Putney

Conservative hold
for Justine Greening
 
Last edited:

Y961 XBU

Member
Joined
16 Apr 2014
Messages
1,168
Location
St Helens
I think Ms Black is brilliant. One to watch for the future. Glad to see she's returning to parliament.

Pleased to hear that Vale of Clwyd is possibly going Red. I had thought the Tories would have increased their margin here based on the demographic (generally older) but hopefully that smug James Davies (whose face I drive past no fewer than 50 times en route to my work) will be shown the door.

I went through the Vale of Clwyd almost 3 weeks ago and it did feel like there was more torie signs than Labour, As i type this the result was announced Labour won witch am surprised about, i think the Exit poll expected this to stay torie
 

me123

Established Member
Joined
9 Jul 2007
Messages
8,510
Vale of Clwyd

Conservative: 17,044
Labour: 19,423
Plaid Cymru: 1,551
Liberal Democrats: 666

Labour gain


Burnley

Labour hold

YES!!! :D Thrilled to see him gone.

I went through the Vale of Clwyd almost 3 weeks ago and it did feel like there was more torie signs than Labour, As i type this the result was announced Labour won witch am surprised about, i think the Exit poll expected this to stay torie

It's bordering on insanity. His smug face is everywhere. It's a bit Orwellian. They'll be gone in the next few days.
 

backontrack

Established Member
Joined
2 Feb 2014
Messages
6,399
Location
The UK
Dunbartonshire East

SNP hold


Justine Greening's majority was reduced from around 10,000 to 1,554. 10% swing to Labour.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top