heart-of-wessex
Established Member
Hello all,
Just wondering if anyone knows any of these questions:
1. On a stock move (say a DRS 47 + 2 NXEA MK3s or say DRS 47 + 2 or 3 DVT's), would the diagram speed limit be whatever the max speed of the loco in question is?
2. Is there such move as a Ilford - Crown Point to take the NXEA's from the Wheel Lathe contracted by DRS? I saw some photo of it but haven't seen anymore, just stock moves to other destinations...is this actually correct?
3. Is there much movements like freight or odd workings that have or do happen north of Ipswich in terms of locos (bar passenger work)? The years I am looking for is in 2009/2010.
4. I have read that NXEA Class 90's go to Crewe for overhauls and come back on freight as a 'test train'. Do any 90s work an intermodal to Ipswich then L/E to Crown Point? Or do they run L/E or get dragged via the GEML from Wembley?
That is all for now, I shall post another question if I need to.
The questions are mainly to do with some MSTS acts I am planning, just need the info first. Plus they are stuff that can increase my knowledge on the line!
I hope someone can help and I would appreciate the help
Regards,
James.
Just wondering if anyone knows any of these questions:
1. On a stock move (say a DRS 47 + 2 NXEA MK3s or say DRS 47 + 2 or 3 DVT's), would the diagram speed limit be whatever the max speed of the loco in question is?
2. Is there such move as a Ilford - Crown Point to take the NXEA's from the Wheel Lathe contracted by DRS? I saw some photo of it but haven't seen anymore, just stock moves to other destinations...is this actually correct?
3. Is there much movements like freight or odd workings that have or do happen north of Ipswich in terms of locos (bar passenger work)? The years I am looking for is in 2009/2010.
4. I have read that NXEA Class 90's go to Crewe for overhauls and come back on freight as a 'test train'. Do any 90s work an intermodal to Ipswich then L/E to Crown Point? Or do they run L/E or get dragged via the GEML from Wembley?
That is all for now, I shall post another question if I need to.
The questions are mainly to do with some MSTS acts I am planning, just need the info first. Plus they are stuff that can increase my knowledge on the line!
I hope someone can help and I would appreciate the help

Regards,
James.