• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Gdansk Rail Fares

Status
Not open for further replies.

MK Tom

Established Member
Joined
31 Aug 2011
Messages
2,458
Location
Milton Keynes
I'm trying to figure out how tickets work on the SKM network around Gdansk but I'm not having any luck.

Is there a day ticket that would cover travel between the airport, Gdansk and Gdynia?

If not, the single fares are shown on the SKM website as 1-6, 7-12 and so on. Does this mean number of stations passed through or is it some kind of zonal system?

Thanks!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Drsatan

Established Member
Joined
24 Aug 2009
Messages
1,887
Location
Land of the Sprinters
I'm trying to figure out how tickets work on the SKM network around Gdansk but I'm not having any luck.

Is there a day ticket that would cover travel between the airport, Gdansk and Gdynia?

If not, the single fares are shown on the SKM website as 1-6, 7-12 and so on. Does this mean number of stations passed through or is it some kind of zonal system?

Thanks!

I travelled to Gdansk in February this year. I believe SKM tickets are based on a zonal system and there is a 24-hour ticket covering travel from Gdynia to Gdansk, covering Gdansk Port Loznitcy (the airport).

Note that all tickets (except those bought at the airport) must be validated by inserting them into the yellow validator.
 

fowler9

Established Member
Joined
29 Oct 2013
Messages
8,380
Location
Liverpool
I was in Gdansk last November with a group of friends. We got a group ticket that covered us for the whole Gdansk, Sopot and Gdynia region and it cost buttons for 24 hours. I'm not sure that the cheapest ticket covers the airport (They rarely seem to) because they rest of the group insisted on getting taxis from the airport to avoid hassle.... hmmmm. Ha ha. Sopot is a nice place and also worth a visit.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Just found the ticket pretty miraculously given my chaotic filing system. 34 Zloty for 6 people on SKM trains for 24 hours on 9/11/15. About a pound each. Again I am not sure that covers you to the airport. I have a friend from Tychy (No where near Gdansk), if you tell me exactly what you want I will try and find out what you need to ask for. Polish isn't the easiest language in the world but loads of people over there speak English and as a last resort you can write down what you need.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I personally wanted to get an Inter City train from Gdansk to Sopot but it was a tiny bit more expensive and I wasn't able to convince everyone (Since just a bit over a pound each for the whole day on the local trains was a bargain).
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Sopot was a hit by the way. It was more of a social trip than a rail bashing trip. We sat at the end of the Pier in Sopot out in the Baltic having a beer, it was lovely. We didn't get to Gdynia because we enjoyed Sopot that much.
 

MK Tom

Established Member
Joined
31 Aug 2011
Messages
2,458
Location
Milton Keynes
Thanks guys! Well I'm going tomorrow so time is short - I was looking at Sopot too. My friend wants Gdynia for the trolleybuses, although one line of them runs to Sopot too.

The 1-6 stations fare is only 3 zloty apparently, that's like 60p? I might just end up getting 3-4 singles at this rate.
 

fowler9

Established Member
Joined
29 Oct 2013
Messages
8,380
Location
Liverpool
Thanks guys! Well I'm going tomorrow so time is short - I was looking at Sopot too. My friend wants Gdynia for the trolleybuses, although one line of them runs to Sopot too.

The 1-6 stations fare is only 3 zloty apparently, that's like 60p? I might just end up getting 3-4 singles at this rate.

Look at the Metropolitan ticket which covers all 3 areas, probably best asking at the airport tourist information. about 23 Zloty for 24 hours. Thats less than £3,valid in all three cities on all buses trains and trams.

Hope you enjoy your stay. I am off to Warsaw for a second visit the weekend after next. As I say, loved Gdansk and Sopot.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top