The organisers have posted (on the wnxx forum) that they may release some a few seats as they take stock of what has sold so far. Day 3 appears to have been the most popular single day as it sold out first. Maybe it would encourage SRPS to have a class 20 / 33 trip to Oban one day in the future.Trip is virtually sold out! Looks like I won't be going...
All the whole-tour options are sold, all First Class options too, as well as day 3 and 4 in Standard Class. Only days 1, 2 and N are available, in SC only (at the time of posting). I was hoping to do the overnight bit plus days 3 and 4. Boo hoo.Ah well - there's always next time, or the "follow it by car to take lots of pictures" option!
Did they indicate when they might release more seats?The organisers have posted (on the wnxx forum) that they may release some a few seats as they take stock of what has sold so far. Day 3 appears to have been the most popular single day as it sold out first. Maybe it would encourage SRPS to have a class 20 / 33 trip to Oban one day in the future.
They have just posted:Did they indicate when they might release more seats?
Please bear with us... bookings have been phenomenal. We are checking the numbers to ensure the right quotas v demand and will let you know on here when more are released. Maybe another hour or so - we are working flat out!!!
IIRC, West Coast have the contract to operate SRPS's mainline tours and they have a couple of 33s at Carnforth, so it may be a possibility. They don't have any 20s though.The organisers have posted (on the wnxx forum) that they may release some a few seats as they take stock of what has sold so far. Day 3 appears to have been the most popular single day as it sold out first. Maybe it would encourage SRPS to have a class 20 / 33 trip to Oban one day in the future.
Thanks - I've just created a WNXX account (not a good idea, so I'm told!), so once it's approved I should be able to look myselfThey have just posted:
However, remember that the last time it ran, it did so with 192 standard class seats and 252 first class ones - ie 444 in total.
The most recent posting says:Thanks - I've just created a WNXX account (not a good idea, so I'm told!), so once it's approved I should be able to look myself
A few people have double booked or changed their booking or made an error. We are just working through these and then aim to release the remainder at 13.00 today.
Days 3 and 4 are still sold out - I must have just missed the opportunity!The most recent posting says:
Ha ha you'll probably be accused of being a re-registration of someone they've banned (like me !!)Thanks - I've just created a WNXX account (not a good idea, so I'm told!), so once it's approved I should be able to look myself
Maybe - The main reason for registering was to get updates about the GBRF tour, but I've missed out there.Ha ha you'll probably be accused of being a re-registration of someone they've banned (like me !!)
Yeah tickets for Day 3 both at 1000 and 1300 seemed to just go in a flash. I swear I must have gotten onto the store page within seconds of it going live this afternoon and they were almost instantly gone![]()
That's over £3000 isn't it?! Well done for actually getting a ticket though!Was on the store at 09:58 and when store opened at 10 I booked 6 first class whole trip 1st class tickets, paid and completed by 10:01
Had to be quick off the mark !
Not sure if I’m allowed to post this, but if anyone is selling a ticket for day three I might buy it![]()
Think you will be very lucky - believe that was 1st day that fully sold out... followed by the night !
It’s definitely the most scenic part so I can see why.
I'm guessing never?Think you find it’s 20’s to Oban with a 33 out of Oban is the selling point more than the scenery lol
Oh and a 91 on Mark 1’s - when did that last happen ?
Definitely at least once.I'm guessing never?
That surprises me, but class 91s are at least 50% older than me!Definitely at least once.
Definitely at least once.
I'm guessing never?
In the early days of the 91s they worked charter services before east coast wiring was completed. I think they worked parcels/mail services (which were of course Mark 1 BG/GUV/mail vans) on the odd occasion as well.I'm guessing never?
See this video from 09.55 to 11.10 - Class 91 on a charter at Peterborough
In the early days of the 91s they worked charter services before east coast wiring was completed. I think they worked parcels/mail services (which were of course Mark 1 BG/GUV/mail vans) on the odd occasion as well.
Thanks - so much more variety back then!They also used to work passengers services with early Mk2s iirc.
By 1002 I was already unable to check out whole trip tickets and by 1004/5 all Day 3 tickets were gone, which is the only day I missed out a few tickets on. As I said to the guys today I think I am mentally scarred by the whole experience. It was quite surreal.Was on the store at 09:58 and when store opened at 10 I booked 6 first class whole trip 1st class tickets, paid and completed by 10:01
Had to be quick off the mark !
It would be interesting to know what the total demand is for the train in excess of the number of seats on offer. It sold out quickly in 2018 as well so people will have anticipated it selling quickly this time as well.By 1002 I was already unable to check out whole trip tickets and by 1004/5 all Day 3 tickets were gone, which is the only day I missed out a few tickets on. As I said to the guys today I think I am mentally scarred by the whole experience. It was quite surreal.
It would be interesting to know what the total demand is for the train in excess of the number of seats on offer. It sold out quickly in 2018 as well so people will have anticipated it selling quickly this time as well.
That's just what I was hoping to do! Well done for getting tickets though.I'm booked onto days N, 3 & 4. Possibly the last time this tour will run will Mk1 stock?