HighlandStorm
Member
Apologies for another GBR thread!*
There’s been plenty speculative discussion on GBR, and the impact or not on Scotland and Wales, and indeed how GBR as a ‘single guiding mind’ fits with further devolution within England. Also noted the recurring theme that the RA2 signage needs a splash of colour!

With that in mind I’ve had a brief play around combining elements of the ScotRail brand guidelines with Network Rails wayfinding guide!
It consists of a simplified interpretation of the ‘SpotRail’ Saltire element and a slightly thickened RA2 font for ScotRail.
So, I’d be interested in peoples thoughts and concepts of how other national or regional brand identity could be incorporated in a GBR style that gives an overall feel without extinguishing said identities.
* - I know there’s a ton of threads on GBR branding / style / livery / signs etc, but this doesn’t really fit the livery threads or the station rebranding one as it’s speculative!

There’s been plenty speculative discussion on GBR, and the impact or not on Scotland and Wales, and indeed how GBR as a ‘single guiding mind’ fits with further devolution within England. Also noted the recurring theme that the RA2 signage needs a splash of colour!

With that in mind I’ve had a brief play around combining elements of the ScotRail brand guidelines with Network Rails wayfinding guide!
It consists of a simplified interpretation of the ‘SpotRail’ Saltire element and a slightly thickened RA2 font for ScotRail.
So, I’d be interested in peoples thoughts and concepts of how other national or regional brand identity could be incorporated in a GBR style that gives an overall feel without extinguishing said identities.
* - I know there’s a ton of threads on GBR branding / style / livery / signs etc, but this doesn’t really fit the livery threads or the station rebranding one as it’s speculative!
