• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Gatwick to St Pancras - Get off at Farringdon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dandodex

Member
Joined
30 Aug 2012
Messages
8
Hello all,

I have an Anytime Day Single from Gatwick Airport to London St Pancras (not underground) for Monday November 17th which I'll be using around 11pm.

I was wondering if I can get off at Farringdon instead. I remember reading Farringdon is a bit of a special case (something about London Terminals?).

Thanks,

Dan
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
Joined
14 Apr 2008
Messages
8,837
You can stop short at Farringdon on that ticket. The whole 'London Terminals' thing is a different matter.
 

maniacmartin

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Joined
15 May 2012
Messages
5,438
Location
Croydon
Farringdon is indeed not a London Terminal and you cannot pass through Farringdon with a London Terminals ticket, unless it is routed PLUS HIGH SPEED.

However, as you ticket is to St Pancras specifically and not to the London Terminal group, this is irrelevant. Your ticket has no Break of Journey restrictions so you can get off at Farringdon
 

andythebrave

Member
Joined
8 Oct 2009
Messages
570
Location
England
That's good. I fondly recall stopping short at Farringdon in the distant past and not being let out until I'd bought an underground ticket.
 

Deerfold

Veteran Member
Joined
26 Nov 2009
Messages
13,754
Location
Yorkshire
That's good. I fondly recall stopping short at Farringdon in the distant past and not being let out until I'd bought an underground ticket.


The usual problem as Farringdon is not stopping short but overriding - a London Terminals ticket from the North is only valid to St Pancras, from the South, only to Blackfriars.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top