Apologies if this is covered else where but a search didn't bring anything back that was recent. I was at Gatwick Airport on Monday (16/01) and to my surprise platforms, 5 & 6 were open. I almost missed a train as I went to platform 7 as I usually do.
They seem to have kept it's reopening quiet or I just missed the announcement.
Now it is open, will the timetables be modified to take it into account? For example, will Littlehampton and Ore services once again be merged to split at Haywards Heath, with the other path being used for an additional train to Brighton as it use to be?
Is an extra train to Brighton even needed now? I guess it would benefit those going to Clapham Junction but they can change on routes.
As someone once said on here, in reply to a comment I posted, there will always be winners and losers.
They seem to have kept it's reopening quiet or I just missed the announcement.
Now it is open, will the timetables be modified to take it into account? For example, will Littlehampton and Ore services once again be merged to split at Haywards Heath, with the other path being used for an additional train to Brighton as it use to be?
Is an extra train to Brighton even needed now? I guess it would benefit those going to Clapham Junction but they can change on routes.
As someone once said on here, in reply to a comment I posted, there will always be winners and losers.