Bletchleyite
Veteran Member
The 380s almost have an InterCity feel to them - I was surprised. And the windows are *massive*.
Which trains are you most and least looking forward too to travel on in the coming years?
The 380s almost have an InterCity feel to them - I was surprised. And the windows are *massive*.
AM9 has reminded me of the new order for TfL, that will be welcome by all. Air conditioned trains on the deep level Tube would be awesome, maybe we'll finally have an end to the Bakerloo's nickname 'The Oven Line' when it arrives. We still have a long wait for that if I recall correctly, but if spec'd properly then it'll be welcome!
Weren't the 380s just the remnants of the GARL Project, not the fact that Scotrail actually planned for an overhaul of units?
I doubt there will be aircon. Aircon doesn't cool, it just moves heat out of the vehicle. It would superheat the tunnels which are already too hot.
Fast Light Innovative Regional Train or in German Flinker Leichter Innovativer Regionaler Triebzug!What on earth is a Flirt?!
Yeah, me too. Hope either Hitachi-Bombardier or Siemens win!Ah fair enough. Even so, I'm looking forward to the new order!
Fast Light Innovative Regional Train or in German Flinker Leichter Innovativer Regionaler Triebzug!
Stadler also make a KISS (Komfortabler Innovativer Spurtstarker S-Bahn-Zug).