Prestige15
Member
Which trains are you most and least looking forward too to travel on in the coming years?
CAF EMU/DMUs obviously!
Every rail traveler in the north must at least be excited for these after living off the table scraps of the South and buses.
Also, the IETs (J-tech is class) and 345s.
CAF EMU/DMUs obviously!
Really? Not the 230?
I agree, I also look forward to travel on the 195/331's, I just hope they wont install the same nasty seats found on class 387/700
Eww. Them? I'd rather blend worms and pour it on my skin then have those things serve the Hallam line (which they're not, but ok...)
Be glad that nobody thought to convert the C Stocks...![]()
Not looking forward to the IEPs as I am pretty sure they will be uncomfortable and the HST is a better train.
What on earth is a Flirt?!
I voted for the CAF Sleepers. Can't wait to go to Inverness or Fort William and have my own en suite
Why no option for HS2? The prospects of travelling on that when it's open excites me more than most (not all) things in my life.
I voted for the CAF Sleepers also. Heard so little about them and CAF and Serco are keeping a very tight lips over it. It's been a good few months since the first body shells of the coaches were photographed being built, so I imagine there is one or two coaches at least completed externally by now? Never the less can't wait to have some Haggis, Neeps and Tatties with Whiskey Sauce and a drink of Irn Bru whilst grinding down the Tay Coastline or Drumochter Pass before waking up the next day in a comfy double bed piercing the morning rush hour on the WCML.
Is it true that the old mark X BR carriage designations are being continued and the Caley stock are officially mark 5 and the TPE mark 5a? Or is it just a spotter designation?I voted for the CAF Sleepers.
Iron Brew- Whisky far more appropriate and a Cigar to follow but no chance of that :cry:
Don't go on the WHL Class 156 unless you are a midget![]()
I went for the CAF DMUs/EMUs - the initial artists impressions look very promising, and I'm looking forward to seeing them enter service, particularly the TPE units.
There's no reason the IEPs won't be better trains - at least from an engineering point of view - given the amount of development that's gone into them, whether or not enthusiasts will recognise that is another matter... Having said that, all the DfT seem to care about is ££££ so I fear you may be right about the interiors, certainly of the DfT specified sets (but then again I'm quite looking forward to seeing what Hull Trains/TPE can do with their sets).
Voted for the Stadler kit. Genuinely interested in seeing how Stadler's deserved reputation for quality translates to a UK build. I'd expect the build quality to be similar to Siemens. I'm hoping for something like the Rhatische Bahn Allegras, but the internal spec is down to the TOC...
Not an option for what you are not looking forward to, but Class 800 wins that by a mile. From the reviews I've seen from those who's opinions I respect (the likes of Ian Walmsley), they are going to be a terrible train.
I'm not denying the engineering achievements, but I am very concerned about the interior. I am not very happy that there are seats in every carriage, even in 1st class, that have no window.
Agreed about the Hull/TPE sets though.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I don't think it has a onboard buffet either, Not much a ''Intercity' ' in my opinion. And i agree with the seating/window ratio, It would give a Pendolino a run for its money.
The seats itself, I have read a review on those who traveled on the 800 from Reading to Paddington IP trip and some say the seats are somewhat on the firm side.
The way i see it, It kinda reminds me of a porsche, Money spent on technology and built quality, less so on interior degisn