VideozVideoz
Member
- Joined
- 23 Dec 2010
- Messages
- 580
Someone suggested a Buxton to Liverpool, however, as far as I know, the only largish settlements on that line are New Mills and Buxton itself, and since New Mills currently gets 3 tph to Manchester (2 from Central, 1 from Newtown)
Buxton-Manchester used to be Buxton-Blackpool North which resulted in severe delays on this route for many years so they cut it back. I would not ever promote extending this route again due to the bottleneck between Piccadilly-Deansgate.
No insult meant, but is this some new definition of 'another'
As for the Buxton-Piccadilly extension to Liverpool, i think the Buxton - Manchester train then runs to Chester via Altrincham, so more stock would be necessary
Are you sure about Bux-Man trains then running to Chester? I thought the Chester stopper were Pacer trains whereas Bux-Man are always sprinters.